The Return Of the Freekish....

Stevenglass

• Members

Also the PCB on the Joyo is copyright 2010 (JF-02), the UD circuit famously pictured is November 2009 (version 1, so, JF-01?). Revisions? Either way if he is trying to defend himself, why not show a circuit from an Ultimate Drive circa 2006 (same year as printed on the skeevish blues pedal)? Or explain why he inked/gooped the copyright information off of the pedal originally?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So the new FB Alpha Drive is the old Joyo Ultimate Drive. There are two components that are smaller and orange in the new AD instead of red as in the old UD.

I wonder why Joyo changed their design? Looks like they shifted more components over to the left.

Is there a third party printing up the boards or manufacturing these for both companies?

If there was absolutely any evidence that FB had even contacted a manufacturer back in 2006 then why not present that. Then there are all of the other pedals in their line which were also Joyos and BBEs. I've never seen gut shots of those. Were components changed and gooped in those as well?

The thing I don't understand is why they even bothered changing two components in the first place. It would be nice if Ken were even the least bit articulate.

• Members

Cracks me up.

Well, that should certainly put all those scurrilous, unfounded rumors to rest.

Interesting that an Alpha Drive pedal video from someone who is "not affiliated with Freekish Blues LLC nor Joyo Effects or their parent company[sic]" and who is only posting the video because he is so blown away by the sound of the Alpha Drive, focuses almost exclusively on the fact that this is absolutely, positively 100% NOT the same pedal as the Ultimate Drive, honest injun.

• Members

AD2 on the left. Joyo UD, version 1.0 on the right. Sure looks like the same PCB to me. The only difference is the silkscreen.

fba2-jad1.jpg

Also, check this out.

IMG_0739.jpg

This is a picture of the PCB which the TGP user "dalck" posted at the beginning of the month. He claimed he bought the pedal directly from FB. The thread has been deleted, but the Google cache of the page is here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QB_G05Z5wOAJ:www.thegearpage.net/board/archive/index.php/t-994342.html+IMG_0739.jpg+site:thegearpage.net&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Anyway, have a good look at the picture "dalck" posted in his "review", and the one above from the video. See the glass diode cocked at the same angle? How about the little resistor at the far right end of the same row? How about the shape of the 'flux drool' under the input jack solder pads on the right? In fact, look at the placement of all of the parts on the two boards and see if you can find anything significantly different about them. Every part that isn't flush to the board is cocked at the same angle in both pictures.

I think the pedal in the video is the exact same pedal that "dalck" reviewed on TGP.

Archived