In my absence I bought a Les Paul

Loobs

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

335 is more versatile, I'll give you that

A Les Paul with both pickups coil tapped, is highly, highly versatile. I know I can get a ton of different tones out of mine. I can get realistic single coil tones from both bridge and neck, or mellow jazz tones on the humbucking only neck, or heavy rock tones from the humbucking bridge, and anything inbetween.

• Members
A Les Paul with both pickups coil tapped, is highly, highly versatile. I know I can get a ton of different tones out of mine. I can get realistic single coil tones from both bridge and neck, or mellow jazz tones on the humbucking only neck, or heavy rock tones from the humbucking bridge, and anything inbetween.

I'd love to snag a cheap LP-alike and trick it out with the Jimmy Page wiring- coil taps, series/parallel, phase switch- just to have all those options open. I'm a sucker for bells and whistles on guitars :facepalm:

• Members

I'd love to snag a cheap LP-alike and trick it out with the Jimmy Page wiring- coil taps, series/parallel, phase switch- just to have all those options open. I'm a sucker for bells and whistles on guitars
:facepalm:

The Epi Tribute models have the coil taps, plus it comes with Gibson '57 pickups in it. You'd have to do the mother mods though. Even cheaper is the Epi Traditional Pro, which has apparently pretty good pickups in it, also coil tapped. Might be worth checking out.

Archived