NAMM 2012: new pedals ;-)

DiscoFreq

• Members

i just got a 10 band mxr for christmas
:cry:

Why in tears?

I'm sure that MXR is more than enough. It's good, less hissing and noisy than many other EQs around.

And who even needs the low end and high end adjustments on such pedal when used with guitar gear?

Your amp's guitar speakers probably won't even recognize 15KHz or 50Hz :)

Therefore those "multiband EQ's are pretty often useless, unless you use it with a mixer and whole PA-system.

But then again, those have rack-EQs and other stuff.

I would pay more attention to the frequencies these EQ-pedals boost or cut!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Candy Apple Red can jog on. red is brash enough without the glitter thrown in.

Well, I'll be the dick that says {censored} OFF! Candy Apple Red is Gorgeous... :cry:

I wish all my guitars were CAR. :love:

Look at that tele, isn't she lovely?

I2AHO.jpg

• Members

actually a lot of new products in the synth category

this one I like, Modemachines SID, 8-bit synth

p10.jpg

I really hope they have a working version of this at NAMM, they have a neat looking sequencer as well that I'm hoping is shown.

• Members

That could be interesting. They really have a unique look to them. I'd be curious to hear this reverb.

i find all the Source Audio pedals to be so uniquely hideous. something about them just really bugs me. are they any good? doesnt seem like too many people have any of their stuff around here

• Members
i find all the Source Audio pedals to be so uniquely hideous. something about them just really bugs me. are they any good? doesnt seem like too many people have any of their stuff around here

I used to hate how they looked too, but now that I'm a fan, the ugly duckling factor adds to their charm. They sound really great and get excellent reviews.

• Members

I think bass players love on the Source Audio stuff along with kidz rocking live band dub step hot-hand setup.

Agree on cosmetics, too ugly, can't get over it personally. Shallow, I know.....

• Members

You are correct sir - I was given a nearly identical response when I asked about the possibility of a Deep Impact reissue.

LAME. And terrible business decision really. There's obviously a market for those pedals. Even if they outsourced or licensed another company to make them, that's still money coming in that they don't have. Dumb dumb dumb

LAME. And terrible business decision really. There's obviously a market for those pedals. Even if they outsourced or licensed another company to make them, that's still money coming in that they don't have. Dumb dumb dumb

I can understand the disappointment, and that people would like them to make a new version, or reissue the old one, but if the parts are not available in quantity and / or if the demand is relatively limited and they don't think they can sell enough of them to offset the cost involved in re-starting production while making a reasonable profit in return for their efforts, I can't really fault a company for making what would seem to be a prudent business decision. :idk:

• Members

Not a pedlol, but the 50th Anniversary Jaguar page is up:
http://www.fender.com/products/jag50th/models.php?prodNo=0170084

YMFmX.jpg?8587

Same price as the Marr (a bit more than the AVRI).

I love the color, the blocks and binding, and the increased neck angle, but the hotter pickups and 9.5" radius are dealbreakers for me. Oh well. Time to start selling stuff off to help fund the Marr.

Archived