NHD: well glory be, I have seen the light and it is good.

RoboPimp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good for skunk, nice and warm inside from all the toobz

all original, late 50s/early 60s...

2x12 alnico speakers for the main amp, 2x6V6 driven and surprisingly shakes the house quite nicely using the bass pedals.

separate reverb amp with 1x8" alnico driver, spooky

drawbars will be tweaked eventually have foldback mod to add harmonics to the upper registers :idk:

quite lurvely

• Members

Aye, I had my hands on an old Hammond console organ years ago for free, but I couldn't get the motor working and had to pitch it
:(

as I was preparing to move it I was locking up the tonewheel and I could feel the oil dripping off the bolts, I knew right then that it was most likely good to go. I didn't test it at the lady's house. Got home and fired it up, and boom, the wheel started cranking and away she went. So far it seems to be working 100%, tho I am no expert on these guys.

• Members

Sweet. Those transformers are awesome, too. I have some in a JCM-style copy my friend made.

I am really shocked at how loud this thing is w/2 6V6s. I don't want to turn the damn thing off. Its kind of scary turning it on... like starting up an old car.

• Members

Nice find! I saw a very similar unit at a thrift store a few years ago for about $20. It worked great and it would have been mine if I had not been a student living in a dorm with no car. Enjoy it!

indeed, my plan is to never move this thing ever.

Archived