NHD: well glory be, I have seen the light and it is good.

RoboPimp

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You now must learn to play this:

;)

Congrats on the Baby-B Robo - that's a nice score!

it sounds {censored}ing incredible, and yeah the exact same model used on that recording :thu:

hopefully with the effects loop I'll be able to add some dirt to the tone, and some phaser for the slow parts

I've been around / maintained / used B's and C's practically all my adult life, along with various Leslie models, but I'm not really familiar with the amp in the M102. It MIGHT have a trim control for the amp's input gain. If so, adjusting that can definitely make a difference. Have you tracked down a schematic for it yet? If not, check here:

http://www.captain-foldback.com/Hammond_sub/hammond_schematics.htm

The M-100 is basically the same thing - just in a different cabinet IIRC.

• Members

I've been around / maintained / used B's and C's practically all my adult life, along with various Leslie models, but I'm not really familiar with the amp in the M102. It MIGHT have a trim control for the amp's input gain. If so, adjusting that can definitely make a difference. Have you tracked down a schematic for it yet? If not, check here:

The M-100 is basically the same thing - just in a different cabinet IIRC.

it does have a trim pot, I have adjusted it, not enough!

• Members
Then you my good sir, need a Leslie to go with it.
:)

And maybe some mods.
;)

yeah someday a 147 or something would be awesome

for now the built in vibrato/chorus is really killer sounding

and the FX loop should give me the ability to add as much dirt as I want

the other mods I'm looking at are adding the "poormans foldback mod" to the upper manual and maybe shifting the lower one down an octave. Both are pretty simple (although somewhat tedious) and have a big impact on the sound.

Archived