The tone on Jane Doe by Converge.

Loobs

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think
thats hardcore in general
. I've been going to and playing hardcore shows since I was 14, and in my experience the best bands are the least refined. Converge is chaotic and awesome live in contrast to a band like Hatebreed who are controlled and sterile. Every time I've seen Converge they always brought it, regardless of the quality of the PA or whatever.

this. i've seen stacks fall over and the band keeps going with the remaining guys until the {censored}'s put back together

• Members

Caring and Killing, Petitioning the Empty Sky, and When Forever Comes Crashing all came before it. I guess you could make the argument that C&K is just a compilation, but that seems rather disingenuous. Even still, 8 of the songs from C&K are on Halo in a Haystack.

There's a few interviews floating around where they say When Forever Comes Crashing is their first full length where their entire vision is there, so that's where they count it. It seems to me that the previous two before that were just thrown together.

• Members

this. i've seen stacks fall over and the band keeps going with the remaining guys until the {censored}'s put back together

The only times I ever really saw full stacks fall was when {censored}ty thrash metal bands would play on the same bill as one of my old bands. They would always get freaked out at how moshy the hardcore kids were. Full stacks & hardcore shows pretty consistently resulted in disaster. Haha.

Punk Rock = Half Stacks, Metal = Full Stacks.

• Members

Try as I might, I just can't get into this record. Most of my friends were stoked about it when it came out and I didn't like it at all. I picked up the reissue vinyl of it not too long ago and I still don't get it.

The stuff that came after was good, though. I really liked You Fail Me.

i just can't get into them at all.

i put on a record and then yawn a few times and then realize i should be listening to His Hero is Gone or Kowloon Walled City or something.

• Members

Me third.

His Hero is Gone is one of the many reasons I'm proud to call the South home.

Dude, we have eerily similar taste. It's beginning to creep me out. Come play indianapolis.

HHIG played in my friend's basement once.

Archived