New Skreddy Release.

The Lou-Dog

• Members

So if I had held on to my Pig Mine longer, it would have doubled in value, right? Actually I don't think so, as a lot were made. I'm sure it will increase a little bit, but it isn't sourced with hard to find parts like the Mayo, and some others.

It sounds like the P19 is a good upgrade. The PM was a bit noisier than it should have been. While it had more high end than the Pharaoh that I have now, the Pharoah is more tweakable, and stacks with other pedals in a way the PM really couldn't do at all. I made the right choice, I know that.

• Members

Completely ground-up re-design (which I always do whenever I change transistors anyway). The Pig Mine was specifically targeted at the tone from the "Dogs" solos. The P19 is targeted at those impossibly clear (for a Big Muff) tones in The Wall like the solo to "Mother" and the clear power chords and fuzzy low-string riffs in "In the Flesh." Used Cornish as starting point/reference, but ended up with nearly none of the specific part types and values unique to Cornish (pretty much the 560pf filter caps are the only parts in common with Cornish P1 and not found in common Big Muff).

• Members

Hi Marc, just a friendly design-upgrade request:

Please design an impedance-sensing circuit that will trigger an adjustment of your pedals' input and output stages to match whatever I plugged into it. It'd be simple to implement it if you created a new tru-bi-Pass switch that did the sense during that momentary, pop-less, entirely silent transfer of signal from the solid silver wiring to the mil-spec-PCBs onboard....I know I know, the switch manufacturers do charge a premium for those make/sample/before-break switches, but I think a 2 micro-second window would do (gotta allow for leveling the DC from my Cornish pedal's leaky dc-blocking cap) and should be inaudible to all but bats, ocelots and EJ. Oh, yes, my impedence range runs from about 100Meg (those JFet pedals from the Irkutsk have a wide tolerance, yaknow) down to 18.63 ohms in my LP Recording so that's the range we're looking at ok?

kthnksbi

Charter member of the xhcfx Corksniffer Crew

:love:

• Members

Does it have a bit of mids in it to cut through?

I love my zero but sometimes it gets lost in the mix with the bass

The P19 goes from "flat" which is less than -1db scoop @1kHz to "hump" of +1db @900Hz. I didn't want the switch to make 2 completely different sounds, just to fine-tune for stage use without a fundamental tone change.

The Zero has the classic scoop of -5db @1kHz.

• Members
:lol: What, no tap tempo?

Hi Marc, just a friendly design-upgrade request:

Please design an impedance-sensing circuit that will trigger an adjustment of your pedals' input and output stages to match whatever I plugged into it. It'd be simple to implement it if you created a new tru-bi-Pass switch that did the sense during that momentary, pop-less, entirely silent transfer of signal from the solid silver wiring to the mil-spec-PCBs onboard....I know I know, the switch manufacturers do charge a premium for those make/sample/before-break switches, but I think a 2 micro-second window would do (gotta allow for leveling the DC from my Cornish pedal's leaky dc-blocking cap) and should be inaudible to all but bats, ocelots and EJ. Oh, yes, my impedence range runs from about 100Meg (those JFet pedals from the Irkutsk have a wide tolerance, yaknow) down to 18.63 ohms in my LP Recording so that's the range we're looking at ok?

kthnksbi

Charter member of the xhcfx Corksniffer Crew

:love:

• Members

I have yet to bond with my Zero.

Echoing Marc's sentiment; Were you looking for something a little more 'classic'? Because the Zero is really quite a bit more 'zippery' and up front than some other muff circuits I've had. Once I stopped trying to make it a Mayo, I got along with it alot better =P

Though, mine seems to need to be weirdly high on the volume to be at unity; could just be my unit though.

*edit*

Oh, and no more Pig Mine? Weird.

• Members

Sorry to hear that. What amp and guitar? What sound are you trying to get with it, and how is it coming up short? What other effects before and after it?

I mainly use a an Esquire w/ a 10K pickup into 2 100 watt Super leads and 2 4x12 cabs with 75s. Pics of the board in my sig.

I guess like others have said, it's a sounds a bit more like a distortion that a fuzz to me. For lack of a better word, it just feels a little too refined.

Archived