"The Finest Overdrive in the world..."

King Rat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From now on I will market all of my pedals as designed by one of the smartest men in the world.

I mean, it's true. 99.95-ish percentile.

It sucks, actually. Dating is kind of a pain in the ass when only one in every 2300 people you meet will be about as smart as you :(

• Members
From now on I will market all of my pedals as designed by one of the smartest men in the world.

It sucks, actually. Dating is kind of a pain in the ass when only one in every 2300 people you meet will be about as smart as you
:(

That sounds like one of the biggest problems anyone in the world has had to face. Imagine trying to relate to someone who isn't quite as good at puzzles as you!

It sucks, actually. Dating is kind of a pain in the ass when only one in every 2300 people you meet will be about as smart as you

Boy, it would sure suck for you if you had to settle for some dumb Mensa member. ;):lol:

• Members

Boy, it would sure suck for you if you had to settle for some dumb Mensa member.
;):lol:

I once got into an argument with an ex-girlfriend because I said Mensa members may be smart, but not smart enough to figure out how to find the self-confidence to not require approval from other people. They had to join a {censored}ing club to confirm it!?

• Members

This coffee cup in my hand is the {censored}ing best.

When I am working out and I need a refreshing drink to keep hydrated, I always go for this cup of coffee, because it is the best drink in the world!

When I am at a club and want to get wasted, what do I reach for? This cup of coffee - The best drink in the world!

- What's that? You're trying to say that different drinks are good in different situations and make no sense in others? Sorry can't hear you, I'm too busy trying to convince myself that I'm awesome!

• Members

To some extent, you want the pedal builder to not just believe in their product, but advertise like it. This is how they make money. Sure, everyone uses the same phrase, but...

wait a sec!

You read the manual?

Deduct 2 pts from your Man Card.

• Members

That sounds like one of the biggest problems anyone in the world has had to face. Imagine trying to relate to someone who isn't quite as good at puzzles as you!

It's not about testing ability... It's just that I can't have interesting conversations with most people who are noticeably less intelligent. In fact, I can't even act like myself around 90% of people. Most of the time when I am talking to someone (if I am careless and say what I would like to) there comes a point where the other person gets uncomfortable and just says something like "oh, you're smarter than me," and then won't even try to engage whatever point I just made. It sucks. I feel like I'm always making people uncomfortable. It's just worse when it happens on a date.

• Members

It's not about testing ability... It's just that I can't have interesting conversations with most people who are noticeably less intelligent. In fact, I can't even act like myself around 90% of people. Most of the time when I am talking to someone (if I am careless and say what I would like to) there comes a point where the other person gets uncomfortable and just says something like "oh, you're smarter than me," and then won't even try to engage whatever point I just made. It sucks. I feel like I'm always making people uncomfortable. It's just worse when it happens on a date.

Well, what kind of things do you like to talk about? I just find it hard to imagine a clever person struggling to talk to a less clever person unless that other person was a total idiot, and then it's a problem we'd all have.

• Members

Well, what kind of things do you like to talk about? I just find it hard to imagine a clever person struggling to talk to a less clever person unless that other person was a total idiot, and then it's a problem we'd all have.

I dunno, I'm very analytical, philosophical, and intellectually curious. I basically like any discussion that requires logical analysis and abstract conceptualization. I don't care in which field it takes place necessarily. I really am incredibly bored by people who don't want to think about why something is the way it is, how it works, or how it's connected to something else. That's most people.

It's not really a problem of actually having a conversation. It's more a problem of making a connection that means something to me.

• Members

I dunno, I'm very analytical, philosophical, and intellectually curious. I basically like any discussion that requires logical analysis and abstract conceptualization. I don't care in which field it takes place necessarily. I really am incredibly bored by people who don't want to think about why something is the way it is, how it works, or how it's connected to something else. That's most people.

Ask the other person you're with questions about THEM. Just pretend nobody cares how analytical, philosophical, and intellectually curious you think you are. Imagine that the other person is just as capable of your depths, but would prefer to keep early conversations light.

• Members

Ask the other person you're with questions about THEM. Just pretend nobody cares how analytical, philosophical, and intellectually curious you think you are. Imagine that the other person is just as capable of your depths, but would prefer to keep early conversations light.

Nice little dig with the "you think you are." Pure class.

Obviously, I do this all the time. It's not like I'm discussing Derrida or something with every random person I see.

Like I said, having a shallow conversation is easy. It's also not very interesting.

Part of the problem, as evidenced in this response, is that people think I am being arrogant if I even mention my mindset. There's absolutely massive anti-intellectualism in the United States. It also seems to offend people that I'm aware of my capacities. Sorry. I'm also aware that I'm a hypochondriac. So what?

• Members

There's always room for improvement.

IMAG005.JPG

Archived