OMGSFOT: Show me your wedding rings

ambient

• Members

My other half and I are having our wedding in a few months and have started looking for rings.

The thing is most rings here are far to pimp for me (platinum with weird designs or diamantes etc.) It's surprisingly hard to find what I imagine to be a 'wedding ring'. Which is probably yellow gold and probably 4-5mm wide.

But maybe I don't know.

What you got?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just get a simple band, no design (unless you're really into jewelry). Mine is white gold. Lots of people do platinum. You can do yellow gold too.

Maybe I don't know enough newly weds, but I always imagined them to be yellow gold. Do many people do platinum or white gold these days?

Yea no design for me.

• Members

hah youre in japan, youll be broke in a month! pricey..

Depends on where you go I guess but they don't seem too bad. (though I have no basis for comparison outside the country).

I'd rather spend whatever and get us what we want. It's supposed to be for life after all right?

• Members

I used to work in a warehouse. I was putting a pallet in top of the messanine and I jumped up and grabbed the top and took a quick look at the landing before put the pallet up there. When I let go my ring was caught and it rolled the skin on my finger up!

The ring finally let go and I got it off before my finger swelled up. Surprisingly only about 4 stitches once they rolled the skin back down.

• Members

Maybe I don't know enough newly weds, but I always imagined them to be yellow gold. Do many people do platinum or white gold these days?

Yea no design for me.

I can't say for sure what is the norm. I know people with yellow gold, white gold, platinum rings. My wife just doesn't like the look of yellow gold, so I got all her rings in platinum. But when it came to buying my own band, I couldn't stomach paying so much for platinum, so I went with white gold. The best thing is to just let your wife pick what kind of ring band she wants and match that color with your own.

• Members

I can't say for sure what is the norm. I know people with yellow gold, white gold, platinum rings. My wife just doesn't like the look of yellow gold, so I got all her rings in platinum. But when it came to buying my own band, I couldn't stomach paying so much for platinum, so I went with white gold. The best thing is to just let your wife pick what kind of ring band she wants and match that color with your own.

That may be a good idea, I kinda prefer white gold to platinum anyway.

Though tbh I would probably struggle to know the difference between pt, au, ag and staineless steel :idk:

• Members

I have a 6mm flat palladium ring. Palladium looks like platinum but is less dense. It's harder than plantinum but softer than 14k white gold, and is in between the two costwise. Anyway, I chose it because I liked the look of platinum--especially of the patina it develops over time--but didn't like the cost and weight.

Archived