OMGSFOT: Show me your wedding rings

ambient

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Simple white gold, as I was making just $1500 a month when we first wedded and couldn't afford a proper rock for the Mrs. That should change in a year or so.

DSCN4252.jpg

Note: Fake Rolex was a gift from a "friend". It dies in less than 6 months.

That's pretty cool actually, what's the line?

• Members

It's a copper alloy, lined with a line of tiny cubic zirconium "sand granules". I'll snap a close-up when I get home from work.

Cheers dude.

I just clicked on your bandcamp, good stuff man! Sounds great.

What are ya doing in Korea anyway?

• Members

We had our rings hand beaten by a jeweller friend of mine. The middle band is Guinea Gold, similar to rose gold but less rosy, and the outer bands are Electrum, an alloy of gold and silver used by Eygyptian royalty (my friend is really into alloying and history). He inscribed the inside for us too (none of your business).

Here's how mine looks after 13 years.

25k3lee.jpg

• Members

I thought that mine would get in the way of my guitar playing, and it absolutely hasn't...

Does anyone have issues with playing guitar with their ring on their left hand? This is (one of) my biggest fear(s). I told the girl I would wear it on a necklace, but she didn't look too keen on the idea...

• Members

Cheers dude.

I just clicked on your bandcamp, good stuff man! Sounds great.

What are ya doing in Korea anyway?

Thanks for listening to the tunes! We've got a full-length coming out by summer, a curious mix of orchestral cinema music and the noisy likes of Pale Saints/Chapterhouse/Mew, with pretentiously unpredictable song structures, like if RV Williams and Claude Debussy got hired by Joe Hisaishi to produce the next Sigur Ros album...Or something along those lines. Anyway.

Here's my long story:

Grew up in Southern California, came to Korean '92 to study the language, ended up getting my degree in music composition over here and going on to study Korean traditional music theory in grad school, all while writing and arranging K-pop to pay for tuition and stuff. Met my travel agent wife in 2000 and the whole dream-pop music project thing began.

Now going on 20 years, I have the job of my dreams working as resident music director at a really cool ad firm that specializes in event production, 3D design, and stereoscopic cinematography, where I have the joy of mostly putting together of the music for the launching of Samsung Mobile products at worldwide conventions, while composing soundtracks and other things.

While all of this is going on while I also work for the three gents at Moollon Guitars on the side, handling int'l sales and artist relations, along with frequently touring with Korean pop star Lee Seunghwan playing folk instruments of all sorts. It took me forever to get where I am now, but it's certainly been worth it and am now finding myself having to turn down work, left and right.

Enough of me. How did make your way to Japan (or are you Japanese)?

Ugh...So much for beter shots, the wife took the Fujifilm X100 and I'm stuck with my old Sony.

DSC00474.jpg

Archived