OMGSFOT: Show me your wedding rings

ambient

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We got white gold. I heard platinum can be dangerous, like if you ever get your finger jammed and it swells up--most hospitals don't have cutters hard enough to cut through platinum. Not sure if that's urban legend though.

I went with white gold for the same reason. Have no idea if it's true or not. Edit: I was thinking of titanium, not platinum.

Mine kinda looks like this:

as3tr.jpg

(actual size)

• Members

My wife and I went super classic.

Both white gold.

I had to get 18ct because 9 aggravates skin.

My wife had to get 9 because the band on here engagement ring is only 9.

If she got an 18 wedding band it would get worn down by the 9 band on her engagement ring.

Mine has a comfort fit which means the inside edge is curved.

Lovely to wear.

• Members

My wife and I have tattoos. Looks like a Celtic knot or something. I've been here ten years and still don't know how to post a pic...

1.waaaay cheaper than a nice ring

2.doesnt get in the way of guitar playing

3.didnt hurt all that much

One thing to consider is that the pigment fades if it's tattooed on the inside of the finger. We got ours done half way around.

• Members

haha I love this thread. (i'm a sucker for anything sincere and off topic)

I dont know anything about wedding rings, but my dad only wore his for about 2 weeks, (married over 20 years) and one day as a young man I found it in a pocket of hand me down pants.... Just plain and simple (lower middle class 1980s wedding) and have been rocking it ever since.... csb

sorry i cant help.

• Members

Thanks for the input guys.

We found a jeweller a way out of town that makes the stuff himself for basically the cost of the materials. It's turning you to be half the price of buying from a shop here in the city.

So we're getting simple platinum rings (mines a bit thicker than the Mrs) with a small sapphire inlaid inside the ring where no one can see it.

We'll be going back to finalise the shape and pay in the next week or 2, then he'll start making them. :thu:

• Members

Why a sapphire? Especially if no ones gonna see it?

When I proposed, I gave her my late mother's engagement ring. It's got a sapphire and 2 smaller diamonds.

Adding the sapphire to the wedding bands kinda ties them all together without being too flashy.

Plus it was only another 60 bucks or so to have them added.

Archived