kicking someone out of the band is hard...

echodeluxe

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After I finished uni I joined a pub covers band on bass. I was 22, the rest of them were in their late 40's or early 50's. The drummer was a great guy - very friendly, the kind of person who'll have you round for a beer and bbq after your first 5 minute chat. Same with the lead guitarist, who was really into rush and managed a rally car team. The singer didn't have the best voice but he was enthusiastic and loved to perform so it didn't matter. And then there was the rhythm guitarist. We'll call him Nai because that was his name backwards. Everyone else was just in it for fun, he was always bringing old demos from his glory days in the 70's, trying to get us to write originals and "make it". He was a bit cloth eared and played a

• Members

Wow tl;dr.

Yeah Chris I feel you. I recently had to kickout my roomy/former band mate for shady {censored} and owing me tons of cash. Doubt I'll ever see that money, and sort of sucks that the music we made together will never be released, but it's for the better. I find at this stage in the game (I'm pretty sure you're as old as me?), it's best to get rid of all the jokers and weird {censored}ers in your life and just keep the true to heart good folks.

Good luck finding a replacement. :thu:

• Members

After I finished uni I joined a pub covers band on bass. I was 22, the rest of them were in their late 40's or early 50's. The drummer was a great guy - very friendly, the kind of person reeks of crazy abdication of those responsibilities to go and live in a fantasy world......... come and go in different situations.

Fascinating story, well told.

Strangely enough I know a guy who did almost the same thing. This dude I know who was a bass player in a punk band back in the 70's, started a successful business, had a pretty French wife and a few kids, had a boat that he like to go out fishing on. Then he started stealing money from the company, screwed over his business partners. At the age of 40-something he needed the money for a sex change. No one saw it coming.

• Members

cirrus wins by a mile.

oh, and never lend money to friends/ family you have any intention of being paid back for.
fortunately for me i cant afford to lend people money so its never an issue.

I think people would be a lot happier if they realized this.

• Members

My bass player quit my band and it literally broke my heart cause he was one of my closest friends and I was kind of like nooooo.... dont leave me with these guys.

he ebayed is bass rig and juggernaut pedal with my account (which i wish he let me have.. Rat with more bass and a clean blend) and i didnt see him for over a year... When we caught up for a christmas lunch a while back I realised I missed him that much that a few months later we moved in together and have been two peas in a pod for the last 2 years.

All is well that ends well echo my buddy ol pal!

[video=youtube;wXw6znXPfy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4

Archived