OK, after all these years, Ive come to the conclusion: I dont like phasers.

seifukusha

• Members

Ive had about 15-20. I had a 1st version SS and a 80s BS. I had about 5 or 6 ph1rs, and a bunch in between. I used to think they were great for psychedelia (they are in other hands), but for me, I sold each and every one. I just sold another today. I only have an Ibanez Bi-Phaser, and yes, Im just not getting along with it. Its going into the for sale box.

I think, I also dont like tremolo now too.

mercy mercy me...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i had a SS (small stone) and BS (bad stone). theyre cool for sure.

so, thats what i want to do, strip all the pedals i dont use alot down..and maybe later i can re-fallinlove. a ss is a good start.

but for now, im not in love with phaser. I do like flange and pitch mod.

• Members

That is part of the fun of FX. I have used various FX over the years & thought to myself, I would NEVER use this in any given situation. Case in point is an old Dano French Toast that I had on the shelf. A toy really but, it fit perfectly on a specific part of a song. I still don't like it!!!! But................One never knows.

• Members

have you ever tried a phase90?

i don't like SS BS, also my ibanez pm7 is just lying around...

but i have big love for the phase90 and now i like my subdecay quasar dlx...

and i also want to try out a lovetone doppelgaenger some times in the future

• Members

• Members

I can understand why you don't like phasers, especially if you've been using them for eons. I used to use an MXR Phase 100 when I was first playing out and loved it. Did you ever use one? Awesome unit. Then it died on me and by then Andy Summers and the 80's happened with all the chorusing. I never got around to replacing it and have evolved into a less FX the better. However, I've heard a couple of tunes with phasers again and have been interested in picking one up for limited use. It's nice once in awhile as long as it isn't overused, just like the wah.

Archived