pick suggestions?

JMR

• Members

I've been using these:

4700_NYLON_JAZZ_3_PICK-ed8f25d140ace2ebe

dunlop nylon jazz III

But they're a bit too small and I'd like something with just a little more give. I like the general shape of a jazz pick and how fast they are.

any ideas?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been using these:

4700_NYLON_JAZZ_3_PICK-ed8f25d140ace2ebe
dunlop nylon jazz III

But they're a bit too small and I'd like something with just a little more give. I like the general shape of a jazz pick and how fast they are.

any ideas?

Try the carbon fiber Max Grip version. The grip is so good that I bet you won't think they're too small anymore.

• Members

Dunlop yellow tortex.

Actually I own all the sizes but I mainly use yellow they are .72 it's nice to have picks with different thicknesses laying around. They can really change things up and not always for the worse.

I used these too :)

I used to use jazz 3's for years just switched to these and have been loving them, perfect size for me.

• Members

As a Jazz III player myself. I love the shape, but nylon picks are so dull and blah. there's just no scrape to the pick.

I've been using Carbon Fibre Max Grip Jazz III's for a bit. My favourite are the purple tortex Jazz III's same shape, more guffawwww. they get eaten up real fast though.

And {censored} using any other size breau, don't kid yourself, you can't go back now!

I had those Tortex Sharps for a while, awesome picks if you like the Jazz IIIs. Check 'em!

1631210213_0ef546fdd6.jpg

I normally use the standard shaped yellow Tortex for everyday playing, but sometimes the red ones for strumming on acoustic, or the blue or purple ones when I want something heavier.

I think I may even have a Yellow Sharp in my pick box. I'll have to try it for a while and see what I think vs the regular ones.

If you like the sharp shape you seriously have to try the V-Pick Venom
:rawk:

http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=216&page=pick

Feels awesome!

They look pretty cool, and I like the size / shape better than some of the other V-Picks... but at 1.5mm, it still seems like it would feel pretty thick for someone who was used to using 1mm thick picks and thinner. :idk:

Archived