I want my tone but more growl and snarl

omni

• Members

Couldn't be that your Mesa is like 100 watts and it's impossible to crank it up?

In the bars it was cranked pretty good. Sounds fine.. I'm looking for that magic tone that I explained previously.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have you tried one with your amp? They do add a lot of responsiveness.

Also, did I count 7 posts in a row? You know you can put multiple sentences into one post, right?

Wouldn't have 53000 posts that way

• Members

Have you tried one with your amp? They do add a lot of responsiveness.

Also, did I count 7 posts in a row? You know you can put multiple sentences into one post, right?

Yes, dad..but things pop in my head..

• Members

We were trying to help here, buy you are not giving much chance for it.

I am listening but no need for insults to my post count. I have also looked up every pedal mentioned. I was also on hiatus for 6 years from here.lol! Just imagine..

• Members

The nicest pedal I bought for a low od is the Barber Tone Pump. I bought it during a PayPal gas attack, and had buyers remorse because I {censored}ed up and order 3 pedals at once. Until I tried it out. Glorious tone.

TPEQ.jpg

The one I got is the Tone Pump EQ.

http://www.barberelectronics.com/tonepumpEQ.htm

You would need to find one used though as they are discontinued. Barber pedals are great imho.

• Members

Might just be the Recto. Whenever I want that sound, I unplug me Dual and use my other amps for upper mid goodness. The recto roars more than it growls. :o That's Marshall/Vox territory.

Edit:

Nevermind. From reading your 7 subsequent posts in a row, I see you want to keep the same tone after all. :cop: Unless you aren't explaining yourself very well - I don't see how you want to add middy snarl, but not use a TS or an EQ to put in those mids. If you want more of the same, grab a transparent overdrive like the Tim or Wampler Ecstasy to help boost your amp.

• Members

You are blind. I already gave you the perfect solution, but you keep talking like you still are without the answer.

He isn't looking for a solution, he is looking to tell us why we are wrong.

• Members

Some pedal you'd never expect, with none of the knobs set in the middle.

RP155 in the effects loop, AMP=DI, CAB=4x12 vintage 30 (was it VT?). I don't understand why it would be good to use a V30 emu in series with actual V30s, but it added a certain growl and snarl on my rig. Probably could just use an EQ, to do the same thing, but then you'd know what it was doing ;)

• Members

If your amp is perfect :rollyeyes: then you are looking for something that comes from 3 other sources:

pickups

strings

technique

Change them. It's you, not the amp.

Try a heavier stringset

go for a less-dark-n-ugly pickup

introduce a bit of pick dynamics....no, use MOAR of it.

53000 posts may be a clue. The woodshed is out back, junior.

oh, then there's this:

wamplertalent_1.jpg

Archived