I want my tone but more growl and snarl

omni

• Members

any guitar knows what that means? Dude go back to playing dad rock in your bedroom

btw, incase anyone is unfamiliar with this guy, he loves to be an asshole over on EG forum.

WTF are you? When was I an asshole? Why are you slandering me on here? I don't have any idea what you are talking about.

What is your problem? Is that you on your avatar? You a little punk.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF are you? When was I an asshole? Why are you slandering me on here? I don't have any idea what you are talking about.

What is your problem? Is that you on your avatar? You a little punk.

{censored}inglol

wtf am i?

I'm a dalek.

• Members

I think the tech21 trademark 60 has a growl and snarl knob, maybe try one of those amps.

I had a Tech 21 Sansamp the rack mount one. Ran it through a tube Marshall power amp and it sounded awesome. This was when i was gigging 4 or 5 days a week. It was awesome. Wow thanks for reminding me of that preamp.

• Members
The nicest pedal I bought for a low od is the Barber Tone Pump. I bought it during a PayPal gas attack, and had buyers remorse because I {censored}ed up and order 3 pedals at once. Until I tried it out. Glorious tone.

TPEQ.jpg

The one I got is the Tone Pump EQ.

http://www.barberelectronics.com/tonepumpEQ.htm

You would need to find one used though as they are discontinued. Barber pedals are great imho.

Did you read the specs on the Barber website? There is also a pdf there on calibrating it to your amp. You need not look further.

• Members

Did you read the specs on the Barber website? There is also a pdf there on calibrating it to your amp. You need not look further.

It's funny you mentioned this.. I saw your post and was searching for one right now. I went to the web site and they no longer make em.. It seems like it is what I am looking for.

• Members

No squealing feedback just growl and middy snarl.

Anyone make something to do that? I use Les Pauls and Strat into a Mesa recto. I love the tone it just needs that over the top sound. I have never found it. I has to sound organic and mean. My amp is always set on vintage high gain. No modern shrill. Don't even mention an EQ or TS.

Try a BB Preamp Comp pedal. It's this one. No it's not a compressor. It's an overdrive that has 3 different overdrive settings and is very natural sounding:

http://www.prymaxevintage.com/xotic-effects-bb-preamp-comp-overdrive/

Archived