Offset fans, here's a guitar I bet you've never seen - Mercury Guitars

• Members

The line isn't perpendicular to the strings so I'd say it is, but only just.

And yes, it is a nice guitar.

I always thought that perpenidicular was if two-lines crossed, but apparently I've been wrong all these years. Thanks RadioSilence.

• Members

I always thought that perpenidicular was if two-lines crossed, but apparently I've been wrong all these years. Thanks RadioSilence.

I just had to go and look in the dictionary to make sure I was right :lol:

I was, perpendicular lines are at right angles. Also, perpendicular must be one of my favourite words, so much fun to say. Perpendicular!

• Members

woah, those got to be really cool guitars

congrats

a red one just like yours was offered on eBay with 1595$ asking price (seller also offred one in 57 Chevy blue)

made in 1993 - 1994, allegedly there were less than 20 of these guitars built, one for the guitarist from Fugazi

indeed has a bit of Rickenbacker theme

funny bridge too

$(KGrHqZ,!iYE40l)Tmk0BOVDnTWvlQ~~48_12.J

• Members

I just had to go and look in the dictionary to make sure I
was
right
:lol:
I was, perpendicular lines are at right angles. Also, perpendicular must be one of my favourite words, so much fun to say. Perpendicular!

You like that? In math we use the word orthogonal instead of perpendicular. Such a great fucking word haha.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

Holy Moses!

I can tell you all about these guitars- made by a duo of teenagers that included my boyfriend at the time, Tim George, and his best buddy Danny (lord forgive me Danny, I’m blanking on your last name) in Pearl River Louisiana.

Not kidding - went to Home Depot in Atlanta to get the knobs, lifted the logo from a magazine article about Freddy Mercury, and these two geniuses wound the first  pickups themselves. We chose (I do take some credit here) the color from a vintage car catalog- Impala from the late sixties I think?- Seafoam green. These guys were ahead of their years, and I was 15. The guitar had a warm lovely fuzz but a singular voice.

Tim held it up at a Hole show, and later at a Fugazi show I think, and that is how they got them into the hands of Courtney and Guy... that Courtney stole the idea depresses me. But these were kids and we knew nothing about copyright.

true story!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 5:20 AM, Sarah Adkins said:

Holy Moses!

I can tell you all about these guitars- made by a duo of teenagers that included my boyfriend at the time, Tim George, and his best buddy Danny (lord forgive me Danny, I’m blanking on your last name) in Pearl River Louisiana.

Not kidding - went to Home Depot in Atlanta to get the knobs, lifted the logo from a magazine article about Freddy Mercury, and these two geniuses wound the first  pickups themselves. We chose (I do take some credit here) the color from a vintage car catalog- Impala from the late sixties I think?- Seafoam green. These guys were ahead of their years, and I was 15. The guitar had a warm lovely fuzz but a singular voice.

Tim held it up at a Hole show, and later at a Fugazi show I think, and that is how they got them into the hands of Courtney and Guy... that Courtney stole the idea depresses me. But these were kids and we knew nothing about copyright.

true story!!!

Danny Babbitt

full story here

Archived