Jeorge Tripps Fuzz Face Roundup!

WAWBanks

• Members

I think I liked the Eric Johnson slightly more than the others in that video. Had the Hendrix one and loved it so it's all good :love:

Not to sound too PGS but Fuzz Faces do sound great when you roll off the guitars volume knob ;p

• Members

Definitely prefer the JB to the EJ. The EJ is a lot more subtle sounding. The Hendrix sounds great too, similar to the EJ but a bit more edgy and raucous. The Standard red one sounds great too. I'd say the EJ is definitely my least favourite of the bunch.

On listening again I think I like the blue and red the most. The EJ definitely isn't worth double what the red one is.

• Members

The demo is great and it's nice to hear the nuances side-by-side. Having said this, it seems that the slight differences between them are nowhere near as important as running them through the right amp / guitar combination.

• Members

The demo is great and it's nice to hear the nuances side-by-side. Having said this, it seems that the slight differences between them are
nowhere near as important as running them through the right amp / guitar combination.

Yeah.

Plus, they sound best into a loud amp. At proper volume like that- the differences are pretty small.

• Members

I liked the Hendrix best, it sounded more snarly.... (and bitey)

I agree. It had a little something extra going on and I liked it.

Supposedly the Bonamassa is suited to work especially well with humbuckers... that kinda interests me.

Archived