Tell Us About A Bad Drug Trip That You Took...

Player99

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tripped pretty recently for my birthday. It was my first bad trip.

My friend showed up at my place and told me he had a surprise present for me. Turns out it was mushrooms. He didn't have a whole lot for the both of us, and having done them before I figured it would just give us a nice body high and nothing more. I was wrong.

There were a bunch of other people who wanted to see me that night and buy me a birthday drink, so we headed over to another friend's house to meet up with some of them. We played a few games of beer pong and then my friend and I snuck into the alley and took the mushrooms. Maybe thirty minutes later they started to kind of kick in, and a bunch of people wanted to walk from the house downtown to the bars. We decided to go with them.

The 6 block walk seemed to take forever, and the streetlights were kind of messing with us. We also swore we saw a gingerbread house, but we had to keep our excitement fairly contained because we were with a bunch of drunk people who didn't know what we had done, and for some reason we didn't feel like telling them and having them try to mess with us all night. We get to the first bar, which is this little dive of a place, where they try to pack 300 people into a room the size of a trailer house at best. People keep bumping into me, which starts to kind of freak me out and make me feel like I'm in everybody's way. Then, I notice a girl at the table behind me who looks exactly like an ex-girlfriend I used to have that I hoped to never see again. I was staring at her trying to figure out if she was really my ex or not, so that I could commence with the crying or whatever. I had to have looked like a total creeper haha.

After that bar, we went to another dirty bar that turns into a kind of nightclub after 10 or so. There's an upstairs and a main floor, but the stairs going up are really shady. I ran into some random guy who started buying me shots because it was my birthday (how he knew, I didn't know, but it blew my mind a little bit) and after my third shot, I thought I was going to puke. I just stood there and stared at the floor and told myself I'd be okay. I felt like I did that for a good ten minutes before I calmed myself down. Then my friend that's also tripping tells me there's a guy on the floor at the bottom of the stairs bleeding and not moving. I guess there was some sort of a fight, and this dude got pushed down the stairs. My friend and I were just standing there staring trying to figure out if it was real or not, because nobody was helping this guy. Then bouncers showed up and a million cops did too. At this point, my friend and I decided we needed to get away from people.

We walked back across town and back to my place, and that walk seemed to take about three years. We had calmed down a little, but we were still pretty jumpy. The moon was doing this strobe light thing to me and I was still pretty on edge about seeing blood gush out of this dude's head. We got back to my place, and I put on a record, but I could not figure out how to make it play at the right speed. It made me really sad for whatever reason, and I'm guessing it did the same to my friend, because he got up in a hurry and took off. The rest of my night, I laid there listening to that record play super slow, and I cried because I felt like I was old at 25 years old and going through some sort of quarterlife crisis.

It wasn't one of those trips where you think you're being chased by spiders or something, thank god, but it still wasn't all that much fun at the time.

• Members

About 8 or 9 years ago, a friend of mine who made hash decided we should have some hash coffee. He put four grams in mine and I had the worst 40 hours of my life laying in bed with my blanket pulled up to my nose having the most horrible, wretched introspective thoughts.
I can't even smoke pot anymore as a result.

• Members

Back in the mid 80's NYC -someone was passing around something called SOMA. I was told it was a designer drug. Someone moved molecules around to make it legal. Saw the band The Chesterfield Kings & it was like living thru one of those weird anti-drug propaganda movies of the 60s -seeing sound & hearing visions. Spooky.

• Members

a county sheriff stopped, searched and proceeded to question us. I remember the cop shining his flashlight into my fully dilated pupils and demanding to know how long I had been on meth. This was a problem, speed would land us in jail and while admitting to LSD would result in zero criminal implications it was likely he'd take us to a hospital ER. This was NOT an option.

Trying to explain to a cop that you are not on speed whilst peaking on the greatest blotter one has ever eaten is not very easy. It was a cool night and I was completely fascinated by the temperature differential between the chill air and my hands being warmed by the hood of the still running cruiser. The cop is interrogating us and I am having hallucinations that I am a robot finally learning how to charge it's batteries: by placing them on the hood of a running car. I do not remember what was happening with my buddy at all. He totally disappeared for the minute or hour we were there. To this day neither of us can really remember the duration of this event.

Then the sheriff just told us to be safe and let us go. We walked into Circle K, bought cigs and juice and water, then walked home without incident. Spent the rest of the night smoking joints while languishing in patio chairs and staring at the sky. Most of our conversation was about space travel. Good {censored}ing times.

This is funny. My friends went on a beer run in upstate NY and had a very similar experience with a state trooper. They were about to get cuffed when one of them said please officer my dad is a NYC detective and he would be very upset with me. The officer told them to head straight home and not be seen again.

• Members

LOL I got one for ya!!! {censored}ing SUCKED...in my late teens and early 20's I did a TON of drugs, you name it I did it (everything except meth and smack...didn't start smack until my mid-20's, that's a whole different thread LOL) but anyways I had a connect that I had grown up with who always had weight of just about everything at one point or another...

One day he shows up at my house, tripping BALLS, his pupils were as big as dinner plates, and just blurted out "Dude do you want some acid?" He had hooked me up with 5-strips of blotter and drops of liquid many times before and I always had great trips...anyways on this particular day he had liquid, and he always had it in those little Sweet Breath bottles...anyways he proceeded to squeeze HALF THE {censored}ING VIAL into my mouth, no joke...It {censored}ing SUCKED, I literally just cooked for like 14 {censored}ing hours, and you think it'd be great to have a trip that intense, but it wasn't, it was just WAY too much and too {censored}ing intense, it was the only time where I ever thought "{censored} is what I'm seeing ME or is it the drug?" It was nuts, I never did any hallucinogens after that LOL...

• Members

I once did PCP which was probably the most harrowing hallucinogenic experience ive ever had. That drug has no business running through the blood stream of any human being on earth under any circumstances whatsoever

+INFINITY, I don't know how anyone can actually ENJOY that {censored}, my connect dueced a blunt filled with it with me once without telling me (he thought it was hilarous) and goddamn it sucked, thank god he was there and told me, cuz I don't know WHAT I would have done if I didn't know it was wet....That still was nowhere near as bad as what I described above though....

• Members

About 8 or 9 years ago, a friend of mine who made hash decided we should have some hash coffee. He put four grams in mine and I had the worst 40 hours of my life laying in bed with my blanket pulled up to my nose having the most horrible, wretched introspective thoughts.

God would I be pissed. BTW I downloaded the Indian EP yesterday. So sick in the best way. I swear my 9-month-old was sitting in front of the speakers banging her head

• Members

"I then went to a Pinback show"

That right there is incredibly harrowing; glad you made it through, and trust that you have never, ever repeated your mistake.

I used to uh, run with a kinda *rough* crowd, and there were several less-than-optimal evenings. Some of the more comical I can recall:

* having had WAY too much to smoke, and getting into a dorm elevator. back in the days before they locked up the emergency controls. somewhere around floor 3, I had the brilliant idea that I simply needed "a break," and so stopped the elevator - also turning out the lights, in order to "regroup." This was outstanding party strategy, until after my 10 minute self-pep-talk, I tried to rise and resume my evening. My knees disagreed and I was stuck, plastered to the floor of the darkened elevator. Which, really, would've been okay, had my knees not started running their mouth at me - just didn't know when to stop and let it go.

This resulted in a TREMENDOUS and VICIOUS argument between my knees and myself, mostly won by my knees.

An hour later, after finally beating down my knees and managing to find the switches, I went back to the party as if nothing happened. I was not popular, having made everyone who came in the interim walk up the stairs. They were totally unsympathetic to my tale of a death-defying fight with my knees.

* Having the older brother of a HS friend somehow lie his way to having a large (4 foot tall) industrial canister of laughing gas. After a couple of tabs of acid and a healthy amount of pot, we got the wise idea to "pour liquid black velvet into our brains" by filling large trash bags with nitrous, then put them over our heads.

Suffocation was not the problem - the next door neighbor the cop (small town, too ... ) was the problem. He stopped off at home in the middle of the day to pick something up, and saw the three of us on our hands and knees in his back yard, howling with laughter. Possessed with a keen sense of police-work-honed intuition, he asked us a cagy question: "What the {censored} is going on here?" To which one of us (not me) sagely replied: "God, you are a sad {censored}ing moron." Guess who spent the next 12 hours at the police station?

* On another evening filled with narcotic synergis (our term for gaily mixing drugs in an attempt to find those elusive "dangerous combinations" that were meant as warnings but sounded good to us), we went out for snacks. Two things I remember from that car ride:

- literally EVERYTHING we purchased at the supermarket was orange. Cheese nips, cheese puffs, orange soda, oranges, cheez wiz ... and we didn't realize this until later, which of course was the funniest thing that ever happened ... and

- we somehow drove onto the runway of the local freight / non-commercial airport, and one of my friends climbed onto the ROOF of the car (we called it MacGyvering, it was an actual sport to us) as another friend drove rather quickly down the runway. Friend on roof screaming into open driver's side window as car hits 80: "FASTER YOU {censored} ...."

True and amazing epilogue: roof friend majored in psychopharmacology (we all thought this about the funniest thing in the world), went into pharma, and recently donated a half million bucks to our alma mater.

I will agree that PCP-laced pot is about the unfunniest thing ever. Like worse than realizing you've taken a wrong turn in Louisiana and wound up at a Klan rally bad. Just bad, bad, bad.

• Members

Eating weed or hash is the worst. You can't modulate anything and you get so {censored}ing high you almost feel sick - or like you're going insane. I've hated everytime I've eaten weed.

• Members

Eating weed or hash is the worst. You can't modulate anything and you get so {censored}ing high you almost feel sick - or like you're going insane.
I've hated everytime I've eaten weed.

I love it. It's a much more fun high to me.

• Members

I ate a quarter of psilocybin right before I got invited to go see derek trucks. I was pretty cocky about my hallucinogen use back then and went along for the walk to the club (the girl i was staying with lived right down the road from the club). We went in and I was starting to feel the tingles. We got there kind of early and got a place right at the front of the stage (it was a tiny club). Derek came out and played for a bit and I was so {censored}ed up it was making him uncomfortable. He played most of the show with his back to the crowd.

• Members

I ate a quarter of psilocybin right before I got invited to go see derek trucks. I was pretty cocky about my hallucinogen use back then and went along for the walk to the club (the girl i was staying with lived right down the road from the club). We went in and I was starting to feel the tingles. We got there kind of early and got a place right at the front of the stage (it was a tiny club). Derek came out and played for a bit and I was so {censored}ed up it was making him uncomfortable. He played most of the show with his back to the crowd.

{censored}in' lol

• Members

I had pot-butter on my pancakes a few Saturdays back and had a great day with it. Never had a bona fide bad trip either. But it's been awhile since I've gone there and I have many new anxieties at this point in life, so who knows if I'll be back.

• Members
I was so {censored}ed up it was making him uncomfortable. He played most of the show with his back to the crowd.

Ha! Awesome

I took a couple hits of acid and went to a Crosby, Stills, and Nash show :facepalm:
Towards the end of the show, Stills brings out a flying V and starts with these wanky blues licks. I just got really pissed off for some reason. Soon after, everyone started looking like they had black dots on them. I immediately decided this was a swarm of bees attacking and after a bit of thrashing around, my friends convinced me to take a walk.

I chilled out and went back to find my friends. Right then everyone was leaving and I got stuck swimming upstream in this crowd of a couple thousand people headed for the exit.

It got worse after that :)

• Members

I did a fair amount of LSD and shrooms in my early 20s and had a great time. I saw a life size Jolly Green Giant, several UFOs, painted myself with a broken glow stick and tripped balls to Primus on the 4th of July

However, there was one trip where I actually thought I felt the devil. Day started off good enough; ate a few tabs and was just cruising town in my buddy's car on a dreary rainy day, smoking and listening to tunes. We stopped to get something at a gas station, and their was a small oil leak mixing with the puddling rain in the coolest way...we were both just tripping out on the psychadelic swirly designs. Suddenly the puddle formed into this crazy angry devil face....we both saw it at the same time and freaked the {censored} out. :lol: we wig out and jump back into the car freaking out about what had happened bu still having fun. Throw in 'We sold our souls for rock and roll' and eventually Sabbath Bloody Sabbath comes on. I'm tripping balls a this point, stormy rainy day, stuck in this car chain smoking as we cruise around my {censored}hole home town. When Am I Going Insane comes on, I lose my {censored}. I'm convinced I really am losing my mind. I saw Satan in a {censored}ing rain puddle. My world starts crashing. Overwhelming doom and gloom. My world is coming to an end.

My friend thinks it'll help me chill if we go over to a friends house and smoke some grass. This dude lives in his parent's basement which is not awesom. We smoke, and I swear I'm getting sucked into the sitcom on the TV. The crazy ass laugh track and general scene is freaking me out so we have to bail. I'm a {censored}ing nutcase...not having any fun.

My friend ends up dropping me off at this park near my house (I was also living with my parents at the time). It's the middle of he night, raining like mad, and all I can do is lay in the grass fighting this crazy oppressing feeling of evil and guilt. Major panic and anxiety. Pretty confident I'm not going to survive the night.

An hour or so of laying on the dark park in the rain, I manage to collect myself enough to walk home and sneak down to my room in the basement. Didn't sleep a wink all night but managed to work through it. Worst {censored}in experience of my life. Never did LSD again.

• Members

However, there was one trip where I actually thought I felt the devil. Suddenly the puddle formed into this crazy angry devil face....we both saw it at the same time and freaked the {censored} out. I saw Satan in a {censored}ing rain puddle.

I was the devil freaking you out that night. You guys where so messed up.

Archived