OT: Orange Tiny Terror: building my own headcase

zinzin

• Members

i bought my Orange Tiny Terror in 2007 and since it was my main amp. i always thought it sounded great but looked awful. only recently i came upon a thread on the orange forum where someone build a headcase for it. that's what started it for me.

here some pics from my first steps: the woody frame. there's more than enough space for cooling and the original handle can be used due to the open space on top of it. the amp itself will be attached to the case by simply leaving the rubber bases off and attaching the screws to the bottom wood of the frame. i can't wait to get my marshall white tolex (yes, it will be white just like my cab! i always need something extra ;-) to have it complete and finally make an adult amp out of it!

TT-Headcase1.gif

TT-Headcase3.gif

TT-Headcase2.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Looks damn sweet, nice job. I would have personally gone with an even more traditional look by ditching the handle, and putting a small grill in the top. But yours still looks a helluva lot cooler than the akward lunch box:thu:

• Members

Looks damn sweet, nice job. I would have personally gone with an even more traditional look by ditching the handle, and putting a small grill in the top. But yours still looks a helluva lot cooler than the akward lunch box:thu:

yeah, i always hated the naked look. i should have done it right from the start.

• Members

Very cool! Been wanting a tiny terror for a while now. Out of curiosity, if someone wanted you to build one for them, how much would u charge?

i wouldn't do it 'cause i am no pro and although it turned out very good, my tolex technique ain't perfect, so maybe some could be dissappointed. you can see it maybe in the first, upper pic on top of the TT: those round edges where the handle is were bitches to do ... all in all it cost me 60 euro. only the material. with work and shipping it would cost to much, unless one would make a run of 20 headcase or so ...

• Members

what kind of jointing/construction did you use?

its glued and plunged, my cousin is a carpenter and made the wooden frame. the tiny terror is screwed to the frame with the bottom rubber feets. it's easily undoable.

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2688327-Orange-Dual-Terror-Head-Shell-Enclosure

I have made tons of the terror series enclosures for guys on the orange forum from all over the world. I have 4 Dual Terror cabinets made up. It is 100% reversible. All you have to do is take the handle off the top of the amp, remove the stock rubber feet and slide the dual terror in. You use the stock rubber feet with longer bolts through the bottom of the cabinet and that is it. I am asking
$160
+ Shipping for the Dual Terror cabinets. Let me know if you are interested! Thanks.

DSC00357.jpg
DSC00356.jpg
DSC00351.jpg

Archived