@#$% Apple

coloringpad, you want DBpoweramp. You can get a free 30 day trial or you can pirate the full version (i recommend that)

That's a fantastic MP3 converter. At least the version I use... it uses the LAME algorithm, which seems to suffer from fewer MP3 conversion side effects.

But do the right thing and pay for it. We don't support piracy here at HC. :cop:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, I like Windows 7 as well.

This thread is a vortex of idiocy and suck.

In order of awesome to suck -> Linux-> OSX----------------------------------------Windows, any flavor. The main improvement to Win7 is, it does not crash that much. The registry, interface, IE, {censored}ty auto mated feature still suck hard.

Please learn to use the os before bitching about it. I won't argue audio with Phil, but OS? Hardware? Utter bs that Apple is behind ANY on the planet right now. Perfect? no. But still 10 years ahead of Microsoft.

^This dingus needs to wise up.

• Members

I just like being closer to the metal and Windows does that for me. I can fix or change just about anything on Windows and Apple won't even let me change a battery. I kind of hope Apple gains market share and thus DoJ scrutiny. It'd be great to have Mac OS unmarried from the hardware and third party Apple devs unmarried from Mac OS.

• Members

OS X is the best. It just is. Mountain Lion is awesome.

I do like Windows 7 a lot though and I have a bootcamp partition of it on my MacBook.

At the end of the day, they basically all do the same thing, it just comes down to what you prefer. The best people just prefer OS X though.

• Members

OK Fanboy. Now you have me stupidly typing a response, as if this matters at all, but I have learned to use the OS before bitching, so...

It's not the OS that is the problem. It is their practice of planned obsolescence that bothers me most.

Personal example: I am typing on a Macbook right now. Runs great, nothing wrong with it, EXCEPT Apple will never release an iTunes update for this machine again. I cannot upgrade iLife and all the software associated with it. So I get the pleasure of never being able to update my wife's iPad, my iPod touch, or the other little devices. I have to plug them into a PC. I have to take my music/photos off this machine, put them into a PC, and update them that way. Why? Because Apple wants me to buy a new computer, they start to make everything inconvenient to the point of absurdity for their
own
customers. PC's get the new iTunes update, but
I
can't? You know what, I could shrug and just take it (again) from them, but I'm not spending two grand every two years on a Mac. And this is one example. This is a company that intentionally sabotages their smaller devices so they will end up in a drawer in 4 years. That is just unforgivable.

The new Macbook is so sealed together with plastic it will not be reparable. How messed up is that?

Wait a minute. You can update your iPad, iPod, etc. over the air. You don't have to plug them in anymore.

Apple hardware is good for like 5 years. You don't always have to have the latest and greatest OS. If you did, then you would avoid Android like the plague.

How old is your MacBook? What OS are you on? If it's from 2006 or later, then you can upgrade to Lion for $30 and get the latest iTunes or whatever.

• Members

OS X is the best. It just is. Mountain Lion is awesome.

I do like Windows 7 a lot though and I have a bootcamp partition of it on my MacBook.

At the end of the day, they basically all do the same thing, it just comes down to what you prefer. The best people just prefer OS X though.

Hello.

• Members

Man these computer threads are always so full of convincing arguments and open minds

Well, there's people who have used Mac and PC, and then there's people that have only used PC. Some are Mac-only, some use both, and some are PC-only. Guess who the majority is?

No one who has only ever used a PC will be convinced that Mac is better. They'll never know until they own one, and let's face it, the price of entry is rather high.

• Members

OS X is the best. It just is.
Mountain Lion is awesome.

Airtite.

• Members

I'd still love a Macbook for music and photo stuff, but I currently use Windows for that (Windows 7 is OK, the user settings are horrendously hard to understand and access, that's my mine gripe with it; also, after 1.5 years, it started acting sooooo slow, re-installed it, now it's way better) and I'm running Linux for document editing/coding/other work stuff. Works pretty fine.

Archived