What kind of shoes should I get?

TravvyBear

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok. So your go to shoes are cowboy boots....? uhhhh.

Hell yeah! You haven't worn great shoes until you've found the right pair of western boots, bro.

Slight heel puts your legs in the right 'rock and roll stance', slightly pointed toe makes sure that if you kick someone while wearing them, it'll end any argument.

Quality construction means that they can be resoled and will last you until long after you die!

Chuck T's/Vans can't claim any of that. $30 and you get a flat shoe with no support that will break down after you get it wet once..

just sayin'...

• Members

Hell yeah! You haven't worn great shoes until you've found the right pair of
, bro.

Slight heel puts your legs in the right 'rock and roll stance', slightly pointed toe makes sure that if you kick someone while wearing them, it'll end any argument.

Quality construction means that they can be resoled and will last you until long after you die!

Chuck T's/Vans can't claim any of that. $30 and you get a flat shoe with no support that will break down after you get it wet once..

just sayin'...

While you make a good argument, I do have to say that my chucks seem to last forever. I have a black pair that I got in high school that I can still wear...though there may or may not be ducktape involved.

• Members

That is not a good argument for cowboy boots. There is, in fact, no good argument for cowboy boots unless you live in the wild west circa 1870 or are a rancher. But sneakers are not my specialty. Dress shoes and boots however, are!

My two favorites:

MFW042-1578-1.jpg

allsaints-ochre-derwent-boot-product-6-2

Edit: Thinking about picking these up as well but they definitely border on Korean pop star territory.

Clae-Hamilton-Shoes.jpg

• Members

western boots
, bro.

just sayin'...

Most quality leather shoes can be resoled and will last for years if you take care of it.

That the exact reason i got these:

1000-mile-boot.jpg

Sorry, you won't catch me in "western boots". alive or dead.

• Members

, bro.

just sayin'...

Where the hell are you finding $30 chucks??

• Members

anyone remember when Chucks were uncool, cost $20, and were actually made of decent canvas?

Anyway, I just got these bros on sale this week for like $30 shipped. Not groundbreaking but I like them. Same basic canvas design Travvy likes, but they 'pop' a little more than just the plain grey Vans or Chucks.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=50840478

Funny someone took a shot at dudes caring about shoes being 'feminine'. I've noticed if I pay attention to detail and get a nice pair of shoes women I've never met, or who I would've never guessed gave a {censored} about fashion, will go out of their way to talk to me about my shoes. Usually, what does it is sneakers/casual shoes either in a really simple/classic style that has either a bold pattern or bold accent color, or a shoe that has an more muted colors but a more unusual design. I interpret that as the shoes being interesting without being gaudy, tasteful without being boring. A nice balance you know?

So say you were going to just get some basic Vans, I'd do this

shoes_iaec1291252.jpg

instead of

shoes_iaec1200281.jpg

Same principle can apply to athletic shoes too if you're more worried about decent foot support.

Of course, a nice pair of dress shoes/boots always goes a long way too.

• Members

I realize I'm late to the party, but lose the Vans and look into some decent grownup shoes. Canvas and athletic shoes are tempting for familiarity/comfort, but 'nice' shoes are more comfortable than you'd think, and the benefits of being fashionable extend way more than you'd think. I've been wearing these lately:

johnston-murphy-whitetan-brennan-saddle-

Mock if you must, but people (read: women) love them. Spend slightly more money, reap many benefits.

Archived