i can't reconcile

Ryan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

No paradox. Many a musician have sonic wonder lust. The pedal they are selling might very be awesome, but something else has caught their eye and must have it. It doesn't diminish from the beauty of the pedal that is for sale, it just means that it wasn't necessary for their sound.

That, or they need another gram of coke and junkies would sell their grandmother if it gained them another hit.

No paradox. Many a musician have sonic wonder lust. The pedal they are selling might very be awesome, but something else has caught their eye and must have it. It doesn't diminish from the beauty of the pedal that is for sale, it just means that it wasn't necessary for their sound.

Great points. :cool: I think a lot of the time, it's not the pedal's "fault" - it just wasn't what the player was looking for, so they flip it and move on to something else.

I get to see a lot of different pedals - stuff guitarists have brought into the studio, stuff at trade shows, stuff I'm sent to evaluate / review / offer suggestions about, etc., and in my professional opinion, there's not a lot of truly dreadful pedals out there. The real low-end stuff isn't what I'm talking about, but even that stuff, at that price point, is typically pretty good value for money. The mid to high end stuff, and the products from the larger companies (Boss, Digitech, EHx, L6, Tech 21, etc.) is generally good to very good. There are relatively few "dogs" that get released, and when they are, the Internet allows the word to get around PDQ. But since tastes are subjective, and the options and selection we have to choose from are extensive, it can take a while for a picky guitarist to settle in on their "ultimate rig" - and since many musicians are constantly looking for new sounds and textures for the next album or song, even relatively stable setups tend to change over time too.

• Members

Great points.
:cool:
I think a lot of the time, it's not the pedal's "fault" - it just wasn't what the player was looking for, so they flip it and move on to something else.

I get to see a lot of different pedals - stuff guitarists have brought into the studio, stuff at trade shows, stuff I'm sent to evaluate / review / offer suggestions about, etc., and in my professional opinion, there's not a lot of truly dreadful pedals out there. The real low-end stuff isn't what I'm talking about, but even that stuff, at that price point, is typically pretty good value for money. The mid to high end stuff, and the products from the larger companies (Boss, Digitech, EHx, L6, Tech 21, etc.) is generally good to very good. There are relatively few "dogs" that get released, and when they are, the Internet allows the word to get around PDQ. But since tastes are subjective, and the options and selection we have to choose from are extensive, it can take a while for a picky guitarist to settle in on their "ultimate rig" - and since many musicians are constantly looking for new sounds and textures for the next album or song, even relatively stable setups tend to change over time too.

Totally. I just sold my Skreddy Zero through the spam thread here. It's a fantastic, beautifully voiced pedal, but it's just not for me right now. Someone else is going to get a hell of a lot more joy out of it than me.

Archived