Who are you going to vote for in 2012?

Ryan.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The amount of Obama hate in Kentucky is insane. That's largely due to recent regulations on coal mining (which is a huge source of the state's income).

I get so sick of seeing that {censored} on facebook. Some people are so simple-minded about the whole thing they can't take 30 seconds to think things through. Honestly, a lot of the Obama criticism in East KY is just thinly veiled racism imo.

I was just in Redfox this past weekend. Saw lots of dudes wearing shorts and those huge work boots. Also, people wearing firefighter pants even though they aren't firefighters.

• Members

voted for nader the last 2 elections but he's not running this time around. obama/romney don't really line up with what i want so as of right now i have no idea.

I probably shouldn't post this here. I should just keep my mouth shut... but yeah it's easy for 3rd party (or 4th 5th or 50th) party to take a "strong principled" stand on issues, when they've never had any power or had to cut deals in an actual goverment with all kinds of different interests and an opposing party to deal with. If Nader had not run in 2000, Gore probably would have won the election and we never would have invaded Iraq.

oh and by the way, I'm voting for one of these guys

kodos-kang.jpg

not sure which one though. :D

• Members

Gigantism precedes extinction, and the USA is pretty lumbering at the moment.

I vote for growing your own food or buying local, commuting by bicycle or foot, and having a contingency plan for when elaborate and overly complex and convoluted systems of living begin to fail. Our politicians won't be able to save us. They are the failing system.

• Members

Gigantism precedes extinction, and the USA is pretty lumbering at the moment.

I vote for growing your own food or buying local, commuting by bicycle or foot, and having a contingency plan for when elaborate and overly complex and convoluted systems of living begin to fail. Our politicians won't be able to save us. They are the failing system.

And how exactly do you see this failure playing out? What will the result of it be?

• Members

And how exactly do you see this failure playing out? What will the result of it be?

No clue. Believe me, I don't hope for a world where we have to rebuild everything. I have family all over the world. I love to travel. I love communication technology. I want the vision of a global infrastructure where everyone is valued, and everything is clean and efficient and peaceful and we all move easily between borders welcomed by smiling faces and opportunity. That's what I want.

But too many people don't, and it seems like they are in the majority.

• Members

No clue. Believe me, I don't hope for a world where we have to rebuild everything. I have family all over the world. I love to travel. I love communication technology. I want the vision of a global infrastructure where everyone is valued, and everything is clean and efficient and peaceful and we all move easily between borders welcomed by smiling faces and opportunity. That's what I want.

But too many people don't, and it seems like they are in the majority.

These statements seem to have wildly different themes!

If you don't mind me asking, will you vote in this election?

Not voting is a strange concept to me. Surely you can always choose the person who you find least offensive? For example, from what I've heard of the policies of Romney and Obama they seem to be different enough to be able to pick the one that is least offensive to you!

• Members

These statements seem to have wildly different themes!

If you don't mind me asking, will you vote in this election?

Not voting is a strange concept to me. Surely you can always choose the person who you find least offensive? For example, from what I've heard of the policies of Romney and Obama they seem to be different enough to be able to pick the one that is least offensive to you!

Based on my wildly different themes, you can probably infer whom I will vote for. The Presidency is little more than symbolic. The real power lies with how little guys like me choose to live everyday life and spend money over the long haul. As long as I keep driving and burning fuel, or as long as I keep eating GMO raised food, I will always have to choose between evils for the Office..

Archived