Yay! Snapped my Les Paul headstock... again

ben_allison

• Members

Foot caught on the cable which was plugged in, fell forward off the stand, and that was it.

It's happened before! Guitar stands should be banned. They're so horribly designed.

Anyway, I think I'm going to try and repair it myself. I've looked around, and being a fairly clean break, I think it should go fairly smoothly.

• Members

guitar make/model?

from an engineering standpoint, ansmooth, clean break is not necessarily good.

IFF the break occured staright across the location of the nut, the crossectional area is at its minimum. This means any adhesive wiwill have the least-possible surface area to work on. Also, many adhesives are at their weakest in the direction of a "shear"

I hope none of this applies to you, but a smotth, even break ain't necessarily the best type to have.

• Members

guitar make/model?

from an engineering standpoint, ansmooth, clean break is not necessarily good.

IFF the break occured staright across the location of the nut, the crossectional area is at its minimum. This means any adhesive wiwill have the least-possible surface area to work on. Also, many adhesives are at their weakest in the direction of a "shear"

I hope none of this applies to you, but a smooth, even break ain't necessarily the best type to have.

Archived