Just took a chance on ebay

JrB

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
Your ex-wife looks like Robert Blake? confused.gifwink.gif

Good luck JrB - I hope it's cool and that you like it a lot. Please let us know what you think of it once you have a chance to try it out. wave.gif
I didn't see the link/vids I meant the 'I hope it's not an $84 Chinese door stop' wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Player99

View Post

I could see these pedals being the beginning of the end for $400-$600 pedals like the Timeline... $84...perfect.

And the world will be a better place. These things are computers, nothing more, nothing less. At $600, that effects pedal better be able to surf the web, check my e-mail, play chess and run my alien mind probe scanner.

• Members

The Nux Time force came today. I thought i'd share my first impressions.

First it's smaller than i expected. At 4.25"w X 5"d it's not much wider than a Boss once you figure in the side jacks.
Second it seems well built. It has a metal housing. I haven't opened it up but it seems like the jacks and maybe the switches are mounted to the housing not the pc board which is preferable.

Likes so far:
The controls are pretty intuitive. The features i need more often (on/off / tap) are default and the ones i need less often (presets/ looper) you just hold one or the other foot switches down for 2sec to access.
The display is nice although a bit small. I love the fact that it shows the knob settings on the display. This was one reason i didn't like the dd20 because when using presets you couldn't tell where the knobs were set.
The analog and tape settings are pretty decent. I was able to get some usable sounds pretty quickly.
It seems to be fine w/ a 1spot daisy chained w/ a few other pedals.
The delay stays active in looper mode! And you can adjust any settings but you can use tap tempo.

Dislikes:
The Mod setting is pretty bad. You can only get to about 15% on the mod/tweak knob before it goes into over the top detune.
It's a little noisy, although everything's a bit noisy at my house. I'll try it at practice and see how it does.
Again i think it might just be the cheap setup i keep at home but I'm not sure about the headroom. It seemed to be overdriving a bit.

Overall not bad for $84 or even at the regular price of $110. I really dig the features and layout. The delay sounds are decent but not amazing. At this point I'll probably use this for basic analog/tape/digi delay and use my echo park for analog w/mod which is what it excells at. I'll post more when i get a chance to play with it more.

• Members

A few more notes:

I opened up the bottom and i was mistaken about the jacks and switches. They are mounted to the pc board. Not really surprising at this price range.
The tweak knob is a tone knob in most modes.
You can tap the tempo while in bypass.

Archived