SAD BASTARD MUSIC

christianatl

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, they're in my top 5 favourite bands of all time for sure. The first part of the new Stones documentary was on TV the other night, was really good.

They seem to have released a lot of the old footage that I haven't seen before, now that they're this old and retiring i spose they have nothing left to lose.

In the first 5 minutes Mick snorts some coke off a knife :lol:

• Members

Phil, this is why you are my dude. That whole album is incredible. I don't think of Clapton as God, or slowhand, but I think he created an incredible body of work. Derek and the Dominos was my favorite Clapton project because he wanted to not be the front, but to just blend in with a tight southern rhythm section and be a band.

• Members

Yeah, they're in my top 5 favourite bands of all time for sure. The first part of the new Stones documentary was on TV the other night, was really good.

They seem to have released a lot of the old footage that I haven't seen before, now that they're this old and retiring i spose they have nothing left to lose.

In the first 5 minutes Mick snorts some coke off a knife
:lol:

I've watched most of the documentary twice now, but want to watch it from start to finish. Such a good film. I was awestruck by the live footage and the sheer number of people losing their mind over good old fashioned blues rock. My generation is just the worst.

Phil, this is why you are my dude. That whole album is incredible. I don't think of Clapton as God, or slowhand, but I think he created an incredible body of work. Derek and the Dominos was my favorite Clapton project because he wanted to not be the front, but to just blend in with a tight southern rhythm section and be a
band

Yup - he was tired of all the guitarslinger BS and just wanted to play. And he wasn't afraid to put his heart on his sleeve and let the most raw emotions he was feeling come out. The record is all the better for it. It reeks of honesty. And it's definitely one of my top twenty albums of all time.

• Members

Yup - he was tired of all the guitarslinger BS and just wanted to play. And he wasn't afraid to put his heart on his sleeve and let the most raw emotions he was feeling come out. The record is all the better for it. It reeks of honesty. And it's definitely one of my top twenty albums of all time.

It's top 10 for me. Eric Clapton and Duane Allman? Fuhgettaboutit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cah4f8OKmDY

• Members

BTW... Thread title totally = great album title.... or record label

:)

And yup... don't know what the hell Jeremy had going on during that time period, but good grief there's some really strong stuff on that Fire Theft album. I wish I could sing... and if I could, I wish to hell i could sing with as much passion has he's got going on in Heaven once it kicks in.

You on the other hand are lucky... you've got the voice with that vocal power... can't wait to hear the music that comes outta this.

• Members

Aw, man. Thanks.

Ha NP. Wasn't trying to kiss ass or anything. For me when I've got {censored} like that built up in me, I want to badly to just let it out... like a blood letting so it doesn't just churn and churn in my head, but it's difficult for me.

I can sometimes get that out with playing... but I never seem to be able to channel it to produce a cohesive musical piece.... let alone something where I've been able to express myself with my own words and voice.

Those of you here on the board that can do that... mad props, I'm jealous...

....and you all suck ;)

• Members

Maybe to lighten it up a lil bit. This was on TV tonight... I remember watching it as a kid and being torn up just from the sound..... oh yeah and the fact that Snoopy was leaving.

Ironically... some interesting lines in the lyric

[YOUTUBE]4SZ8aHRY7HI[/YOUTUBE]

Archived