SAD BASTARD MUSIC

christianatl

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

Im sure you do my friend but don't forget some of us have been around long enough to see you grow from student to sage.

Ah, yeah, I forgot. That means I still haven't learned or grown up or anything because I posted stuff here when I was 16.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by mdrake34

View Post

After a girl broke up with me in college, I heard this song and cried like a baby.

In retrospect, while an incredible lay, she was a supreme thundercunt. Her family was {censored}ing awesome though.

Without a doubt my favorite variation of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

Aw, man. Thanks.

And the new hooahs record is actually called "Clean."

When I'm sad, or really experiencing any sparse/lonely emotion like that I like to listen to newer Earth stuff. Seems to fit.

BUT - here's some unsolicited advice. We have a tremendous amount of power of how we feel. So be sad, and wallow for a little bit - that's good for you. Then pick out some of your favorite {censored} and force yourself to do it. Go eat at favorite places, watch some favorite movies, see a show at a favorite venue, hang out with people who make you happy/laugh. It can and will make things seem better/more hopeful.

So yeah...looking forward to the new record and hoping for a Wilmington stop on tour. I'm totally prepared to bribe you guys with overrated but delicious burritos/tacos from Flaming Amys.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WAWBanks

View Post

I put this on a playlist I made for a friend when he was going through the same {censored}:

http://open.spotify.com/user/willlov...f6dBRVoeuwOC0d

Great playlist! Yeah mean, there is something about that record, its like a breath of fresh air that you need after a breakup. I think the good thing about it, is that while it's very sad, there is a faint glimmer of hope in all the songs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

Well, then I'm very jealous of you because he's one of my favorite artists of all time. I love his music and it's a dream of mine to have him produce a record for me one day.

Oddly enough he would probably be my first call if I had the funds to have someone like that produce a record for me.

• Members

Without a doubt my favorite variation of the word.

When I'm sad, or really experiencing any sparse/lonely emotion like that I like to listen to newer Earth stuff. Seems to fit.

BUT - here's some unsolicited advice. We have a tremendous amount of power of how we feel. So be sad, and wallow for a little bit - that's good for you. Then pick out some of your favorite {censored} and force yourself to do it. Go eat at favorite places, watch some favorite movies, see a show at a favorite venue, hang out with people who make you happy/laugh. It can and will make things seem better/more hopeful.

So yeah...looking forward to the new record and hoping for a Wilmington stop on tour. I'm totally prepared to bribe you guys with overrated but delicious burritos/tacos from Flaming Amys.

Thanks, Mr. Willis.

Archived