I need a delay with tap tempo

BHz_econo

• Members

I agree on the Skrecho having tap - I would love that on mine

Solid workhorse on a budget: DD20. Need a few extra features: Timebender

Got some extra $$: VMSD - I like all the features and the tape emulation is decent.

Tape emulation: El Cap. Love mine!

Another one you can find a decent price with coo features: SMMH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

Two pages and no mention of the re20? Wtf guys.

Tape echo with tap tempo, bass and treble, reverb, expression control, stereo, green, etc. I mean, come on bro. It's exactly what you asked for and cheaper than most of the options mentioned.

We were all waiting for you to mention it wink.gif

• Members

View Post

Tape echo with tap tempo, bass and treble, reverb, expression control, stereo, green, etc. I mean, come on bro. It's exactly what you asked for and cheaper than most of the options mentioned.

Somehow I've never actually tried one of these. When they first came out, I had a real Space Echo, and never thought to try one after I sold my RE-201. Is it really that good? I never see people talking about them for some reason, but if it's anything like the RE-201, then awesome.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Blakemore Effects

View Post

Somehow I've never actually tried one of these. When they first came out, I had a real Space Echo, and never thought to try one after I sold my RE-201. Is it really that good? I never see people talking about them for some reason, but if it's anything like the RE-201, then awesome.

We just compared the RE-201 vs the RE-20 at the pedal party last weekend. They sound incredibly similar, and the Boss has WAY less hiss. I'd get the pedal over the unit, although the 201 looks incredibly sexy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

We just compared the RE-201 vs the RE-20 at the pedal party last weekend. They sound incredibly similar, and the Boss has WAY less hiss. I'd get the pedal over the unit, although the 201 looks incredibly sexy.

+1

kinda gassing for the boss space echo re-20 now after that. definitely got very close to the re-201 but in a way more convenient package.

• Members

I will admit to owning: the re-20, a DMM, the DMB, the DD-7 and a Flashback (probably don't need all those delays, I'm thinking).

Money no object: DMM w/TT

Money a problem: Flashback (deal with the strum tap; it's not that bad)

DMB=awesome, but no tape sounds; re-20=awesome tape sounds, but the bypass will make you sell it; DD-7=no tape, DMM=no tap, but sounds just as cool as tape.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lazaraga

View Post

boss dd20

digitech timebender

Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me

View Post

^ Timebender. $150 at Zzounds.

Quote Originally Posted by lazaraga

View Post

i said timebender

Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me

View Post

^ he said timebender

Why you refuse voices of reason?

• Members

View Post

I never gelled with mine. It was decent, but to my ears and my needs, it just didn't sound that great. The reverb sucked. Tinny sounding. El Cap crushed it IMO. If only the El Cap's verb could be used independently - that'd rule.

• Members

These. Yes, it sounds very good.

The bypass is a question for you to answer; I play w/multi-part songs that flow and immediately understood your need. Also own 6 or 8 other delays, though no Strymon or Eventide (Maxon, EHX, a million other analog and digital).

RE-20 Cons:

* Bypass

RE-20 Pros:

* very nice sounding

* I am picky about formfactor, prefer the stompable pedal-type of the RE-20 to (for example) the click-switch of a Memory Man. YMMV. Think that form factor is "more playable" and likely to hold up better/longer.

* I like the interface/controls (size of knobs, locations, etc.) If you are looking for a tiny footprint, look elsewhere.

* Usually reasonably priced - they have them Hello Music now for $198. I got mine second hand for $140, and it was like-new ("mint" for you fans of the word)

It also does some .... interesting thing that combined with the very accessible controls, prompted me to screw around with it more. It is one of six (out of about 40) pedals that is permanently in the chain on my fave rig (also on there: 2 Big Muffs; Red Witch Titan (darkness ... darkness ...); TC Hall of Fame).

Archived