I need a delay with tap tempo

BHz_econo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

I made a reaponse but it didnt save apparently.

Right now I'm looking at a quantum leap, DD-7 or headrush.

the dd-7 is fantastic. but i feel like its totally not what you are looking for.

quantum leap looks cool, but again i doubt you'd be happy with it.

Whats wrong with the El Cap???

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

OK so the Supa Puss is out. I love the sound and the repeats but it oscillates too quickly to be of any use to me.

Give me specific suggestions! Don't let this be a name your favorite delay thread.

I LOVE my Skrecho, if it had tap I honestly wouldn't need another delay. And yes I have to have tap and no it's not because i don't know how to use delay, it's because we flow from one song to the next with different tempos set by a click so it has to be exact.

1. Has to have tap.

2. Has to be a tape sounding delay.

3. Has to have modulation.

Currently I'm looking at a DD-7 or DMB.

DD7 is my god damn jam, but I don't think you would care for its modulation. It doesn't do that crazy haunting flutter stuff that the Skreddy does (I've never played a Skrecho just listened to demos, but I do own a DD7). The Analog mode is very BBD sounding, and freakin' awesome. And the modulate mode is very shallow and fast, it's like New Order chorus. The looper on it is the bees knees, though. And every setting on it is rad. For example on the shortest delay setting, if you set it to oscillate it is really smooth and continuous sounding so you get a real nice drone that you can tune to any note by using the Time knob.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

ehdeluxememmantap-xl.jpg

I have this as well. Pricy with a capital P, and I'm not sure how many off these (1100ms) are out there - the newer versions are 550ms. But it's,a very cool delay. Not as overall versatile,as say the VMSD, but definitely much better in the modulation category. Also, IMO, it doesn't sound as awesome as my Big Box DMM. Closish, but I was disappointed by how not close it can get. That said, it's on my board - happily. With my Skrecho and the 616v2. But I'm using the DMMTT mostly

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

ehdeluxememmantap-xl.jpg

Yes. Haven't bought another delay since I got mine. Love.

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

We just compared the RE-201 vs the RE-20 at the pedal party last weekend. They sound incredibly similar, and the Boss has WAY less hiss. I'd get the pedal over the unit, although the 201 looks incredibly sexy.

Was the 201 loaded with Roland tape or some of the eBay tape? My 301 with Roland tape is pretty quiet, especially for tape.

• Members

Somehow I've never actually tried one of these. When they first came out, I had a real Space Echo, and never thought to try one after I sold my RE-201. Is it really that good? I never see people talking about them for some reason, but if it's anything like the RE-201, then awesome.

ive had one on my board since they came out. yes, they are good.

and about the bypass: at one point, i was like "omg the bypass sucks my tone lololol" and i flipped it for whatever i flipped it for i cant remember. i was back within a week. later, i did a comparison with mine in a true bypass loop. did it suck tone? no. if you set up the input volume properly, you wont notice it. the clipping led will sometimes light up but if it does, raise the input volume a hair until it only lights up rarely. and even when it does light, i cant hear any clipping. not like with a dmm.

anyway, if you think the bypass is an issue, youre splitting hairs. its an excellent delay pedal.

• Members

I sold my el cap to go to flashback + dd7

Strum tempo is annoying but some sounds are cool slightly out of time anyway.

I prefer the way the fb tape sounds jump out of the band mix to the el caps subtlety. Musically speaking I don't need to hear every tape crinkle.

Archived