Jumped on the DE7 bandwagon

JrB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sound great but unfortunately I've owned several over the years and the switch ALWAYS dies. If I were going to have one it'd have to stay in a TB loop. Hopefully one day Ibanez reissues it in a better enclosure with a better switch.

I've heard the complaints about the switches a few times myself. I have no idea if they're planning on a 8 series lineup (or whatever), but I sure hope so - and as long as I'm doing so, I also hope the switches are improved. They've had less than stellar switches in a few of their lines - I've had a few issues with 9 series pedals over the years too.

Now we are talking. So,I am assuming this means there are no replacement switches available?

I'm not sure which switches are used in the DE7, but even if it's something different than they use in their other pedals (which I doubt), I can't imagine they are out of switches already. Ibanez should still have some in stock - if for nothing else than fixing old DE7's. I'd order a handful for future repairs if I owned a DE7 or any other 7 series pedal.

• Members

Now we are talking. So,I am assuming this means there are no replacement switches available?

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=35

"Switch - ALPS SPPB512300

Miniature tactile switch for replacement in TS-5 and TS-7 Tube Screamers.

PRICE: $0.95 Shipping Wt. 0.02 oz"

I have to imagine that if that switch is used in the TS-7 it has to be the same one used in the rest of the 7 series.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

View Post

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=35

"Switch - ALPS SPPB512300

Miniature tactile switch for replacement in TS-5 and TS-7 Tube Screamers.

PRICE: $0.95 Shipping Wt. 0.02 oz"

I have to imagine that if that switch is used in the TS-7 it has to be the same one used in the rest of the 7 series.

Sweet, thanks.

Dang, apparently they are sold out at the moment.

Archived