IT'S A FACTORY OF FUZZ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got a vexter one, not sure what year. Very very very versatile fuzz, and impo underrated when it comes to classic fuzziness in stead of just the weird oscillation noises it's famous for. Way too pricey for what it is though, but I don't wanna open up that old can of wurms again:deadhorse::cop:

Also, if anyone wants to trade me this for my ff, lemme know:

Seems like a more useable and still equally crazy sounding take on the ff concept. One control less, that'd actually be a good thing for me...

• Members

My fave was when I set it up for a Mk.1 Tonebender style rip that decayed into a smooth but random oscillation - I got lost in that sound for a good hour.

Truly one of the greats.

What are the settings? I've borrowed from a friend, and just can't be bothered with it.

• Members

It's a really tiny circuit, so it's not that hard to make it into a vertical enclosure. I put mine in this guy, but it could easy fit into a smaller enclosure.

100_1637.jpg

A fuzz factory and big muff/rat that was blending in the same box would be epic. Be able to dial in some bassier low end while still getting the rip and squeal

• Members

From the Zvex site:

Hi compression fuzz

Vol 10:00

Gate 3:00

Comp 9:00

Drive 5:00

Stab 5:00

Velcro fuzz

Gate 7:00

Comp 5:00

Stab 2:00

Cleanish hi octave intermodulation

Gate 2:00-3:00

Comp 7:00

Drive 7:00

Stab 5:00

Smooth fuzz

Comp 3:00

Stab 5:00 (lower Stab is more mellow)

Radio fuzz

Comp 10:00

Drive 12:00

Stab: Lower from fully clockwise while playing open 'A' with left hand. Stop at most interesting tone.

• Members
Do it Christian!!

DSC02208.jpg

That looks just like the one I used the first time I tried an FF, at a recording studio in Blacksburg, VA. I nearly doubled over laughing. It was just wonderful. It made everything else I'd been using seem so...square. Yes, find one of those, and make us live vicariously through you!

Archived