Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

gae86

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by gae86

View Post

I've listened the flint clips and it's really interesting. The comments on the cathedral are discouraging me to try out one. The space I'm sure sounds awesome, but I can't justify spending that much only for reverb.

The supernatural still intrigues me

imo the space sounds very artificial. the supernatural has a better sound quality

• Members

View Post

I've listened the flint clips and it's really interesting. The comments on the cathedral are discouraging me to try out one. The space I'm sure sounds awesome, but I can't justify spending that much only for reverb.

The supernatural still intrigues me

imo the space sounds very artificial. the supernatural has a better sound quality

• Members

I would almost recommend the cathedral but it sounded way to bright with my set up. Though I really did enjoy the dr. Scientist RRR. Maybe you could find one used and see if you like it? They seem to go pretty cheap used nowadays.

The Eventide space sure does have my attention. Hopefully I'll be pick one up soon and I'll let you know about it.

• Members

I would almost recommend the cathedral but it sounded way to bright with my set up. Though I really did enjoy the dr. Scientist RRR. Maybe you could find one used and see if you like it? They seem to go pretty cheap used nowadays.

The Eventide space sure does have my attention. Hopefully I'll be pick one up soon and I'll let you know about it.

• Members

Gae i'd definitely NOT recommend the Cathedral. it is nice, and the infinite thing is cool, but if you need that just get a Freeze or Superego. as a reverb its not great imo, and BIG. sounds pretty digitally at most settings, i couldn't really gel with it.

i'd recommend the Supernatural for sure, and the Neunaber WET. HoF as a runner up, lots of cool sounds in that plus the marvelous toneprints.

BUT, wouldn't an aspiring doctor like yourself, with all the cool ass pedals you already have, need a SPACE reverb no your board?? poke.gif

• Members

Gae i'd definitely NOT recommend the Cathedral. it is nice, and the infinite thing is cool, but if you need that just get a Freeze or Superego. as a reverb its not great imo, and BIG. sounds pretty digitally at most settings, i couldn't really gel with it.

i'd recommend the Supernatural for sure, and the Neunaber WET. HoF as a runner up, lots of cool sounds in that plus the marvelous toneprints.

BUT, wouldn't an aspiring doctor like yourself, with all the cool ass pedals you already have, need a SPACE reverb no your board?? poke.gif

• Members

I'm a big fan of the Supernatural, great reverb. Not sure though, it has a lo fi character that you're talking about. I like the HoF too, would probably look at the Trinity as well. Wasn't a fan of the Cathedral, but try one out if you can. The Eterna sounds like i could be cool, haven't heard it yet.

• Members

I'm a big fan of the Supernatural, great reverb. Not sure though, it has a lo fi character that you're talking about. I like the HoF too, would probably look at the Trinity as well. Wasn't a fan of the Cathedral, but try one out if you can. The Eterna sounds like i could be cool, haven't heard it yet.

• Members

View Post

what about the boost rvb? anyone ever tried it?

I have one, and I like it a lot.

Although I don't use reverb really at all when playing in the band I'm in (or even just jamming with friends), I love reverb; I have several pretty decent units. The types I love: real spring on guitars and synths, authentic plates on vocals, and modulated crazy reverb on anything (as long as it doesn't get too P&W). For live guitar I just use delays.

the RVB does not have modulation, and it might not really be extreme enough for classic shoegazing sounds. Although I recommend it to folks looking for non-hifi guitar reverb, it might not be what you're looking for. I think you are looking for something like a quadraverb or SPX90 or other rack reverb.

• Members

View Post

what about the boost rvb? anyone ever tried it?

Although I don't use reverb really at all when playing in the band I'm in (or even just jamming with friends), I love reverb; I have several pretty decent units. The types I love: real spring on guitars and synths, authentic plates on vocals, and modulated crazy reverb on anything (as long as it doesn't get too P&W). For live guitar I just use delays.

the RVB does not have modulation, and it might not really be extreme enough for classic shoegazing sounds. Although I recommend it to folks looking for non-hifi guitar reverb, it might not be what you're looking for. I think you are looking for something like a quadraverb or SPX90 or other rack reverb.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

at this point I don't think I want to try the Cathedral, I've just hearing bad reviews. I saw the HoF/Trinity demos and I'm not really impressed, but it's cheap, and has lot of options.

Startitng to thinking I want a supernatural. Isn't there a pgs coupon or something? I can't find one used.

The space is definitely out of my price range. I don't really have that money, and if I manage to collect them I guess I should sell half board. Maybe when I'll have disposable incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Actually I was looking also at the standard hardwire reverb, trying to understand what are the main differences between both. If it's just the shimmer, it's not a selling factor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wjbratcher

View Post

I know, probably the best choice for my tastes would the quadraverb or another 90 rack reverb, it's just that I don't have space to put a rack too. Dunno.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

at this point I don't think I want to try the Cathedral, I've just hearing bad reviews. I saw the HoF/Trinity demos and I'm not really impressed, but it's cheap, and has lot of options.

Startitng to thinking I want a supernatural. Isn't there a pgs coupon or something? I can't find one used.

The space is definitely out of my price range. I don't really have that money, and if I manage to collect them I guess I should sell half board. Maybe when I'll have disposable incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Actually I was looking also at the standard hardwire reverb, trying to understand what are the main differences between both. If it's just the shimmer, it's not a selling factor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wjbratcher

View Post

I know, probably the best choice for my tastes would the quadraverb or another 90 rack reverb, it's just that I don't have space to put a rack too. Dunno.

Archived