Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

gae86

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mince Hogan

View Post

This is the correct answer.

Dunno mang...500 bones for reverb? For that kind of money I'd personally look at rack units. If you're okay with a more convenient size and a handfull of convincing sounding reverb types at a more reasonable price point, EHX/Hardwire/Boss does the job just fine imoidn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mince Hogan

View Post

This is the correct answer.

Dunno mang...500 bones for reverb? For that kind of money I'd personally look at rack units. If you're okay with a more convenient size and a handfull of convincing sounding reverb types at a more reasonable price point, EHX/Hardwire/Boss does the job just fine imoidn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
I prefer the Space for the unconvincing reverbs. Sure, if you want a nice room or hall get something else, but for Shoegaze or Psych I just can't see past some of the things you can do with the Space. Yeah, it's definitely expensive, but I'd look at a second hand Space before any other reverb pedal if you want it for Shoegaze sounds. I suppose it comes down to how much you use reverb and how important it is for you to have your reverb cover lots of ground.

I also use the Space for trem, chorus, delay, flanger and for the fuzz after 'verb algorithm 'Mangledverb' which saves me having to put a fuzz after reverb if I don't want to. I honestly couldn't live without it now.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
I prefer the Space for the unconvincing reverbs. Sure, if you want a nice room or hall get something else, but for Shoegaze or Psych I just can't see past some of the things you can do with the Space. Yeah, it's definitely expensive, but I'd look at a second hand Space before any other reverb pedal if you want it for Shoegaze sounds. I suppose it comes down to how much you use reverb and how important it is for you to have your reverb cover lots of ground.

I also use the Space for trem, chorus, delay, flanger and for the fuzz after 'verb algorithm 'Mangledverb' which saves me having to put a fuzz after reverb if I don't want to. I honestly couldn't live without it now.

• Members

For a small footprint and value, I'd suggest trying to source a used TC Hall of Fame. It has 8-10 reverb profiles, and while it seems no one wants to claim it, the many who have it (see: group review above) simply won't part with it. It's not a "WOW!" 'verb, but it's far better than "gets the job done" and has a small footprint.

Have you thought about an RE-20? Not a small footprint, but you can get into some nice-y sounds ...

• Members

For a small footprint and value, I'd suggest trying to source a used TC Hall of Fame. It has 8-10 reverb profiles, and while it seems no one wants to claim it, the many who have it (see: group review above) simply won't part with it. It's not a "WOW!" 'verb, but it's far better than "gets the job done" and has a small footprint.

Have you thought about an RE-20? Not a small footprint, but you can get into some nice-y sounds ...

• Members

I'm also looking for a reverb, I traded my Cathedral last night.
I was never thrilled with it, the hold or freeze function didn't work very well, you have to wait a second for the sound to process before it will freeze the sound. if you're used to using the actual Freeze pedal, this will drive you nuts.
the tone in general is kinda meh as well, when I hear my bandmates Eventide Space, there's no comparison, it blows it away.
I'm also after a deep lush verb for ambient type stuff, rather than amplike reverb emulation.
I was thinking about grabbing a Line 6 M5 today becasue they're on sale cheap.
anyone familiar with the verbs on the M5?

• Members

I'm also looking for a reverb, I traded my Cathedral last night.
I was never thrilled with it, the hold or freeze function didn't work very well, you have to wait a second for the sound to process before it will freeze the sound. if you're used to using the actual Freeze pedal, this will drive you nuts.
the tone in general is kinda meh as well, when I hear my bandmates Eventide Space, there's no comparison, it blows it away.
I'm also after a deep lush verb for ambient type stuff, rather than amplike reverb emulation.
I was thinking about grabbing a Line 6 M5 today becasue they're on sale cheap.
anyone familiar with the verbs on the M5?

• Members

even though i'd rather the Flint was a standalone reverb with all the predelay, and filter controls, the reverb itself is was nicer than the Blue Sky. the 80's mode definitely falls in the lofi category with the tone knob not extinguishing any low end like you might expect.. or experience with anything like the TC/RV7 etc. it has 'body' where hifi reverbs remove all those important low-mid harmonics.

the 70's plate is cool. more similar to the RV-2 than any other plate modes i've heard. the 60's spring is ok.. i don't really use it to be able to confirm how well it compares to anything else.

i don't use the trems.

• Members

even though i'd rather the Flint was a standalone reverb with all the predelay, and filter controls, the reverb itself is was nicer than the Blue Sky. the 80's mode definitely falls in the lofi category with the tone knob not extinguishing any low end like you might expect.. or experience with anything like the TC/RV7 etc. it has 'body' where hifi reverbs remove all those important low-mid harmonics.

the 70's plate is cool. more similar to the RV-2 than any other plate modes i've heard. the 60's spring is ok.. i don't really use it to be able to confirm how well it compares to anything else.

i don't use the trems.

• Members

I've been looking into a new reverb as well. I've got a Dispatch Master but its a reverb/delay and even though its awesome, it's not one that I'd leave on all the time. I'm probably going to go with the TC Electronic Hall Of Fame orTrinity. It seems to have the best sounds, be space saving, and very versatile and is only $150 new. I haven't decided which version I'm gonna get though.

• Members

I've been looking into a new reverb as well. I've got a Dispatch Master but its a reverb/delay and even though its awesome, it's not one that I'd leave on all the time. I'm probably going to go with the TC Electronic Hall Of Fame orTrinity. It seems to have the best sounds, be space saving, and very versatile and is only $150 new. I haven't decided which version I'm gonna get though.

• Members

I've listened the flint clips and it's really interesting. The comments on the cathedral are discouraging me to try out one. The space I'm sure sounds awesome, but I can't justify spending that much only for reverb.
The supernatural still intrigues me

• Members

I've listened the flint clips and it's really interesting. The comments on the cathedral are discouraging me to try out one. The space I'm sure sounds awesome, but I can't justify spending that much only for reverb.
The supernatural still intrigues me

Archived