Walrus Audio

The Villano Dude

• Members

if you think it sounds good and fits your needs?

I have a voyager, I dig it though the mid hump can be a bit much. I wanted something low gain, but it's way more low gain than I was expecting so now I'm thinking of adding something with a touch more that I can stack with the voyager for more options. apparently it's a lot like a klon. but like $100 less.

• Members

Voyager: klone - I know this with certainty.

Mayflower: Timmy clone - allegedly anyway.

Iron Horse: Rat clone? What I've heard.

And yes, they look cool... But the Voyager is far from an original design, and the same with the Mayflower. Obviously the term "original" doesn't really apply anymore when it comes to overdrives, but to give no credit is just silly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

Interesting James, I may steer clear of the Mayflower then. If the Iron Horse is based on a Rat, I might steer clear too (not that I don't like Rat's, I just have a regular and Deucetone which I am happy with). So Voyager eh?

The Voyager is just a Klon clone; if you want that, I recommend saving a few bucks and buying one through either ARC Effects (Aaron SS on here), or Blakemore Effects, because at least they're honest about it being a Klone.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

The Voyager is just a Klon clone; if you want that, I recommend saving a few bucks and buying one through either ARC Effects (Aaron SS on here), or Blakemore Effects, because at least they're honest about it being a Klone.

Thanks man, I have had multiple interaction with Aaron and Blake and would rather give them my business if I have a choice.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HP Hovercraft View Post
I guess that's why they goop.

How did these get so popular so quickly? And why are they so hueg in the P&W scene?
Because they look awesome I guess. idn_smilie.gif...

I've only played the Voyager, and while it sounded good, it sounded exactly like the other 2 Klones I've played; good, just nothing special.

There's a lot of P&W players I know who are more concerned about how their pedals look than who made them, build quality, and yes, sound quality. You could rehouse a Timmy in a Boss enclosure, and they'd HATE it; they'd say it sounds nothing like the original.. But paint it all pretty and it just sounds better. icon_lol.gif

Don't get me wrong, as I like my pedals and board to look neat, but the paint job is hardly a primary issue for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Holy Schnikes View Post
If you think you want an Iron Horse, get an Earthbound Audio Iron Pig instead.

Skip the Voyager too, letdown IMO. Mini Fuck OD is a far more versatile and badass sounding option.
So I checked out the Iron Pig. WTF?
That sounded awefull. Iron Horse way better, IMO.

I have a Voyager. I wish I hadn't bought it. My rig sounds better with it off and it hums too.
Love this demo of the Iron Horse though:

• Members

I demoed the Voyager for PGS, I liked it, but mostly as a cleanish booster, too much mids for my Vox amp, might be perfect for a Fender though. I own the Mayflower and love it. I've heard Paul C say it is not the same as his design, so I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a clone. I have the Lovepedal OD11 on my board next to the Mayflower right now, I've heard the OD11 is also a Timmy clone, but don't know if this is true. It doesn't sound the same as the Mayflower, less compressed, but I prefer the Mayflower overall. Just is perfect for my needs.

• 2 months later...

Archived