Blakemore Effects R.O.U.S. Tour Box Thread.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory

View Post

Ironically, I kind of wish my pedal had the knob labels that these have. icon_lol.gif

I don't remember how I set yours up. I wonder if that's doable haha. I would offer to retrofit your pedal I to an ROUS enclosure, but you already have the coolest looking enclosure I think I've ever sold. Haha

• Members

sorry i never posted a review. having never played an actual rat, i have nothing to compare it to, but i loved the pedal. unfortunately i happened to get the pedal during the two busiest weeks of my entire semester. so the only time i got to play it was in a band setting and i barely had time to tweak it. but what i heard i really liked. i'll likely be purchasing one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goaway

View Post

sorry i never posted a review. having never played an actual rat, i have nothing to compare it to, but i loved the pedal. unfortunately i happened to get the pedal during the two busiest weeks of my entire semester. so the only time i got to play it was in a band setting and i barely had time to tweak it. but what i heard i really liked. i'll likely be purchasing one.

This is where I stand. :-/

For now, all I can say is, the tweaking possibilities are endless!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

View Post

any chance u could throw me back on the end of the list? i'd like to compare to the rat i have now.

Sounds good. Will do. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

I'll check it out tonight. My main dirt for half my life was a vintage rat reissue(I do own one as well) so i can at least compare it to that.

Excellent! Hope the comparisons are going well. Any initial impressions?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Alright I've had this pedal for a really long time because of the site being down. Had to contact Blake though his website and get the next guys info. Gonna be sending it out tomorrow afternoon Urinate Forever (sent you a PM)

Review:

For starters I'm not a youtube guy or much of a pedal connoisseur and have never played the orignal Rat. I do have a Black Secret set to the turbo side with medium gain and I compared the ROUS to that with a bypass looper to hear instant A/B comparisons. Theyre definately very similar in sound. I'd say the Rous has a bit more definition in higher volumes and a smoother sustain than the Black Secret which tends to be a bit more screechy.

I had the ROUS hooked into my board where I usually have an Ibanez SD-9M. The first pedal, just before my AMT Wah, and a Pork Loin, within my bypass loopers first channel. I usually stack the SD-9M and Pork Loin for a beefed up crisp distortion that has a lot of volume. The ROUS pretty much eliminated the need for the Pork Loin boost and basically did the job of two pedals. Which I thought was really awesome considering Ive been looking for a pedal to do just this.

ROUS stacked with the Pork Loin was a little more louder but didnt add too much. ROUS was good on its on in this regard. It sounded really smooth with my Hall of Fame "hall" setting, and sings nicely before my Memory Boy too.

So then it came down to band practice and I left the ROUS on my board in place of the SD-9M to see if the band would notice a difference in certain areas where I use the Ibanez combined with the Hall of Fame, Memory Boy, Pork Loin, wah, and my Tremolescence depending on the part in our set.

Well they definately noticed a difference, complained I was too loud in pretty much every part I used it...haha. So maybe I had to tweek the settings a bit more, but I was too stoned, and not much of a knob turner anyway. I did think it added some nice smooth sustain on my solos, especially with the Hall of Fame.

That's all I can say really. Great pedal, great paint on it although its been redone on the newer ones. Thanks to Blake for being understanding of me holding the pedal so long. I actually had it packed up and ready to ship for a while and then reopened it to play it again so I could remember my thoughts for this review...haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok, so I've had it for awhile and I'll be sending it back this week.

Overall, I liked it. The tone controls seemed sort of useless to me, i turned the treble knob to about 2 oclock and the bass one cranked. Ruetz knob was either full left or full right. I didn't like the switch in the down position.

It really sounded great though. I'm not one who needs all those controls so level and distortion could have been the only knobs and i'd be happy.

If I were to release this product, I'd do a 2 knob 2 switch deal with internal filter trimmers.

• Members

Urinate Forever wrote:

Ok, so I've had it for awhile and I'll be sending it back this week.

Overall, I liked it. The tone controls seemed sort of useless to me, i turned the treble knob to about 2 oclock and the bass one cranked. Ruetz knob was either full left or full right. I didn't like the switch in the down position.

It really sounded great though. I'm not one who needs all those controls so level and distortion could have been the only knobs and i'd be happy.

If I were to release this product, I'd do a 2 knob 2 switch deal with internal filter trimmers.

If you ever decide you want that pedal, it would be an easy job for me to do. Just let me know! Also I'll check with the next guy on the list to make sure I've got the correct shipping info, and then you can send it out. Thanks!

Archived