The Official Boss RE-20 Space Echo Lounge

echodeluxe

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
any advantages over the DD-20's?
it's a great tape delay sim, with expression pedal control over 3 parameters.

other than that - no.

i was never impressed with the DD20. it didn't seem to do anything GREAT, just most everything GOOD.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NetStar View Post
Oh, bloody hell.

I really, really want one of these.
But I feel I ought buy a DMM before they all disapear.
They have been making dmm's for 30 years. they will never be rare. it's this kind of thinking that drives used prices to ridiculous levels!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnrambo

View Post

holding down the twist for short periods of time while playing and letting go before oscillation yields some cool detuned weirdness.

that's how I like to use the twist. for over the top oscillation, I'll just bend down and fiddle with the knobs.

• Members

if you want it to be a dd20 killer, you are looking at this the wrong way.

if you want it to be a space echo, this is the pedal for you.

no patches, no saving, no dotted eigth note (you need a setting to play this? what happened to just knowing how to set it?) no crazy bells and whistles. it is a space echo. it has tap tempo and an added twist function. thats it.

it does the space echo amazingly. sounds fantastic. sounds like the best tape echoe ever.

• Members

Great pedal but it definetly does alter your tone when it's on. It takes away some high end and adds a weird digital coloration. It most noticeable when using dirt, as soon as it's turned on there's less high end. Kind of unfortunate because it takes away a lot of the high-end cut when playing lead stuff. I'll have to make a clip of it because apparently nobody believes it. It's easier to hear it at a lower volume, say, through a practice amp.

and btw, the tone control only affects the tone of the delay, not the dry signal...so turning the treble knob up doesn't help.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by houseofglass21 View Post
Great pedal but it definetly does alter your tone when it's on. It takes away some high end and adds a weird digital coloration. It most noticeable when using dirt, as soon as it's turned on there's less high end. Kind of unfortunate because it takes away a lot of the high-end cut when playing lead stuff. I'll have to make a clip of it because apparently nobody believes it. It's easier to hear it at a lower volume, say, through a practice amp.

and btw, the tone control only affects the tone of the delay, not the dry signal...so turning the treble knob up doesn't help.
weird. ive had mine in front and in the loop of my ac30 with no tone loss whatsoever. maybe a faulty unit?

i have nop trouble with any sort of high end loss or weird coloration.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NetStar View Post
Buying them sends used prices up?

Yeah, ok...
what? how did you deduct that from what he said?

its peoples THINKING that drives up used prices.

the percieved value of the DMM goes up as people start believing it is rare.

if someone thinks think that the DMM will be discontinued and rare, and they convince other people the same, people that sell the pedal can command higher prices for them and people WILL pay, because they think that they dont have a choice since the pedal will be rare, and the percieved value goes up.

its called a speculative market.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post
what? how did you deduct that from what he said?

its peoples THINKING that drives up used prices.

the percieved value of the DMM goes up as people start believing it is rare.

if someone thinks think that the DMM will be discontinued and rare, and they convince other people the same, people that sell the pedal can command higher prices for them and people WILL pay, because they think that they dont have a choice since the pedal will be rare, and the percieved value goes up.

its called a speculative market.
xactly!! thumb.gif

• Members

thats how i roll. all factual and {censored}.

ANYWAY.

ok, so i played around with the expression pedal a bunch and came to the conclusion that i really dont need it to do what i want. yeah its cool, but all the tweaking i need to do can be done without it, and i kinda like it that way.

the function is badass, but i am trying to slim down and having the extra pedal isnt justified for me.

i did try the re-20 at practice for the first time today and it rocked so hard that my DRUMMER noticed it.

he was all "man that pedal is badass. im playing drums and wishing i had one to mess around with!"

yeah, thats how great it is.

this is probably going to be my go to delay from now on. im keeping the de7 because it has a different sound and the oscillation rules. i will most likely use the de7 as my hands on tweaking delay. basically getting rid of the de7 was a huge mistake last year and getting one again was the best idea evar. selling it would be stupid.

i always have the reverb at about 10 o clock. i like the sound of it, its short but cavernous and kinda quirky. i can dig it.

boss hit a home run. i mean, seriously. out of the park into the san francisco bay. amazing pedal.

• Members

Hey everybody, I too love the RE-20, I am much happier with it than I was with my Diamond Memory Lane (once I got over the fact that it wasn't analog and just listened to how good it sounds) - However, I have noticed that sometimes it's really hard to get it to even volume, I really don't know how that input volume knob is supposed to work, it seems like it can boost or cut my whole signal while the pedal is bypassed, but then it boosts the signal when I turn it on. I just want to be the same volume. Anyone who has mastered this knob lemme know what I am doing wrong!thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post
weird. ive had mine in front and in the loop of my ac30 with no tone loss whatsoever. maybe a faulty unit?

i have nop trouble with any sort of high end loss or weird coloration.
me either.

and i even have the Treble knob backed off quite a way. My RE20 is 2nd in the chain that's going into the front of my amp.

• Members
do you think that if i bought one of these things it would take away my violent GAS for an RV-3? since it has reverb and stuff as well?
If you buy this pedal it will take away you gas for pretty much everything.

RE-20 + BD2 + Buddah Wah = All I need.

• Members
do you think that if i bought one of these things it would take away my violent GAS for an RV-3? since it has reverb and stuff as well?
fo sho man. the reverb on the re-20 is legit. sold/selling my holy grail plus because of it. you can dial it in with delay or just use the reverb. plus there is a direct switch, which takes out the dry signal if you are going for crazytown reverb (not crazytown the band, crazytown as in a badass lot of reverb sort of way).

sold my dl-4 and replaced it with this and a boss ps-3. i'll round out with a DMM and all my bases are covered.

the lower you can afford to run the gain on your amp, the better this thing sounds.

Archived