The Official Boss RE-20 Space Echo Lounge

echodeluxe

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

the reverb on the re-20 is pretty good, but i still want a holy grail for crazy spring reverb sounds. the ability to turn the direct switch off and have 100% wet reverb and delay RULES.

amazing pedal.

tell us how you really feel tongue.gif

i was the first to get this {censored}er on here. i tried to sing the re-20 praises. not many would listen. they should have cop.gifwink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frankiej

View Post

how much did it run you? Of course if you dont mind me askingcop.gif

240 shipped. not too bad. from japan love.gif

i sold my space echo and cry.gif for a while. too big. had problems. i was stoked to hear that they made a digital replica. i was VERY sceptical too at first but 5 min with her and i could tell i had a weeener.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sdresdre

View Post

240 shipped. not too bad. from japan love.gif

i sold my space echo and cry.gif for a while. too big. had problems. i was stoked to hear that they made a digital replica. i was VERY sceptical too at first but 5 min with her and i could tell i had a weeener.

damn, i vowed to myself id never spend over 200 for a pedal...well unless i became a musician.

Jyst a bedroom wanker looking to get something off my mind when i play, haha. Funny how ive never even thought about being in a band and been playing for like 3-4 years.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frankiej

View Post

damn, i vowed to myself id never spend over 200 for a pedal...well unless i became a musician.

Jyst a bedroom wanker looking to get something off my mind when i play, haha. Funny how ive never even thought about being in a band and been playing for like 3-4 years.

im usually good with technology and new things. this pedal was a must have or try i guess.

i bought the original xbox when it came out. think i paid like 700 for it mad.gif never again will i buy into the hype.

ok.......... maybe for the m13 tongue.gif

• Members

View Post

the reverb on the re-20 is pretty good, but i still want a holy grail for crazy spring reverb sounds. the ability to turn the direct switch off and have 100% wet reverb and delay RULES.

amazing pedal.

A holy grail will get you crazy tone for sure.. I return mine after 2 days because it cuts the volume and when you dial it makes horrible noises. If you want a spring reverb pedal that sounds nice and is studio quiet get the Dano Spring King.

• Members

View Post

what? how did you deduct that from what he said?

its peoples THINKING that drives up used prices.

the percieved value of the DMM goes up as people start believing it is rare.

if someone thinks think that the DMM will be discontinued and rare, and they convince other people the same, people that sell the pedal can command higher prices for them and people WILL pay, because they think that they dont have a choice since the pedal will be rare, and the percieved value goes up.

its called a speculative market.

It's also speculative that I'm buying second hand.

i'm buying brand spank me harder new from GAK because at the moment, they sell them silly money, cheaper than your new prices.

Rare, maybe not, that doesn't mean that in ten years time a brand new big box style DMM isn't going to be worth something...hopefully.

OK ok, I just like the big ones more, and i will use it and I don't want to shell out $120 more for teh XO series.

• Members
I am GASing so hard for this pedal right now. I don't think I can resist. If it does the tape echo thing better than the Echo PArk then I think I'm sold. Tap tempo just makes it better for me. And reverb...
:love:

you'll :love: it dood. i dig my echo park too but its TOTALLY different classes

• Members

A holy grail will get you crazy tone for sure.. I return mine after 2 days because it cuts the volume and when you dial it makes horrible noises. If you want a spring reverb pedal that sounds nice and is studio quiet get the Dano Spring King.

No matter the size when the tone is nice;) for a smaller unit, I would go with Digitec, nice spring type and a lot more like ''room'' ''plate''..

• Members

I'm not really a fan of the reverb on this unit, since it's so specific sounding.

it's pretty harsh to my ears, but then, i didn't really spend a LOT of time tweaking it, since all the reverb i use for my sound comes out of the real spring unit in my Ampeg combo.

i just use it for medium length delay and the oscillation and the tap tempo function. it does all of this extremely well.

• Members

I'm not really a fan of the reverb on this unit, since it's so specific sounding.

it's pretty harsh to my ears, but then, i didn't really spend a LOT of time tweaking it, since all the reverb i use for my sound comes out of the real spring unit in my Ampeg combo.

i just use it for medium length delay and the oscillation and the tap tempo function. it does all of this extremely well.

I don't really like the reverb either and keep the knob around 9'oclock just to add a little splash to the echoes. not usefull for a dedicated reverb imo. While we are talking on reverb, after all these years I finally got around to getting a Holy Grail. I've had a verbzilla and still have an rv3 and imo the grail is the best for more realistic spring type sounds, when you don't want over the top. i am truely impressed with this pedal especially cause it seems to have its fair share of haters on teh forumz. the verbzilla was great, awesome even, for long verbs and such but i traded it just cuz. I think it actually made me a little less creative. I call it post-rock in-a-box. It's like when you see an electronic band and you can tell they're using all the keyboard's preset patches.

I luv the rv3 even tho it's no longer on the board. i'll use it when i need longer verbs or need to go 100% wet. I like the rv3 at that full on setting much better than the holy grail.

Archived