The Official Boss RE-20 Space Echo Lounge

echodeluxe

• Members
131_6672.jpg

Newest space echo owner!

Been messing with it a bit today with pleasant results. Do you guys typically keep yours in long or normal mode?

i haven't tried it out in long mode. i usually don't find much use for more than 1 second of delay.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

no. it just doubles the time. that would suck if it did.

the only difference i could see is that if the repeat rate knob covers more delay time with the same amount of travel it'll sound different when you turn it while notes are repeating.

• Members

the only difference i could see is that if the repeat rate knob covers more delay time with the same amount of travel it'll sound different when you turn it while notes are repeating.

woah, neat observation. i guess theres a preference for that too!

ill check it out tonight.

• Members

Congrats, i keep mine on the normal setting. never tried the longer one or felt the need to.

131_6672.jpg

Newest space echo owner!

Been messing with it a bit today with pleasant results. Do you guys typically keep yours in long or normal mode?

• Members

I've had one for a while, so I'm over the honeymoon phase. Overall it's a great pedal, and I'm not planning on changing it, but I do get noise coming out from mine when it's bypassed. The noise seems to be related to the movement of the red LED display in between the switches.

Anybody else have this problem?

I'm thinking it could be my setup as well. I'm using a 1-Spot, which is powering 8 pedals.

Any comments are appreciated.

• Members

It's probably the setup... you should use batteries or a dedicated ac adapter for that pedal.

Thanks. Do you use a dedicated adapter for it?

I am not going to use (6 AA) batteries on this pedal, because I would have to eat Kraft dinner, and live in a cardboard box for the rest of my life if I do.

• Members

I've had one for a while, so I'm over the honeymoon phase. Overall it's a great pedal, and I'm not planning on changing it, but I do get noise coming out from mine when it's bypassed. The noise seems to be related to the movement of the red LED display in between the switches.

I'm thinking it could be my setup as well. I'm using a 1-Spot, which is powering 8 pedals.

I don't have mine anymore (regret!), but I never noticed any noise from the LED. I suppose you could always bypass the LED, but then there wouldn't be anyone smiling at you when you play.

• Members

The noise seems to be related to the movement of the red LED display in between the switches.

Absolutely. Worst thing about the pedal - and the light is mostly eye candy anyway.

• Members

does it sound any different at the higher setting?

One of the things that looper/etc pedals often have is the maximum delay is related to the sampling rate. The TimeFactor is, I believe, upfront about this.

I haven't seen any comments as to whether this is true of the RE-20.

• Members

Yup; daisy chaining it causes that wooshy grumbling noise. I had my RE-20 on a Godlyke Powerall; changed it to the Boss adapter, and it worked fine afterwards. No noise whatsoever. Well, other than the ones I wanted it to make. :D

I can't wait 'til mine comes back. :love:

• Members

i just added a catalinbread boost to my chain tonight on the same daisy chain and now i'm getting some noise that seems to correspond with the swooshing led. either it's going on a separate power supply or i need to run the boost with batteries.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnrambo

View Post

i just added a catalinbread boost to my chain tonight on the same daisy chain and now i'm getting some noise that seems to correspond with the swooshing led. either it's going on a separate power supply or i need to run the boost with batteries.

i will crank it up and see if i get any noise. it wouldnt be a problem to put it on its own adapter.

Archived