who's rockin' JHS pedals?

-Norge-

• Members

The difference might be obvious but ethically it's still the same thing to many people.

"It's acceptable to rip off bigger companies but not acceptable to rip off a small builder" ... is quite a tenuous argument I think.

It seems to be that all pedal manufactures 'borrow' heavily from other manufactures designs, I don't see why a 'small builder' can claim some special immunity from that when he is part of the same market... you can't have it both ways ... I don't think anyway.
:idk:

someone making a ts-808 clone isn't going to affect the sales of maxon as much as making a timmy clone would affect paul's. i'm not even a big fan of the boutique OD pedals or any op-amp OD pedals but that's how i view what this particular JHS guy is doing.

and since everybody is making TS, rat, big muff pedals it has become "OK" to sell clones of them. that's just how it is, lol.

:idk:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can he put one in a sparkly blue enclosure with the knobs on top? That would be awesome.
:cop:

:poke:I actually thought about doing that and posting a pic on the forum. Just to piss people off. J/K! I had Timmy V2 flipped for $200. I bought new tubes for my amp and had the Dano rehoused because switch broke and positioning of knobs was terrible. I actually thought the Dano sounded better. Wasn't as transparent IMHO. It colored but in good way. Timmy is fantastic pedal I just liked Dano better..

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Do say that when the next Hartman, Analogman, Pharoh, BYOC, Wilson, Blackout, Whirlwind, Behringer and so on and so on thread comes up.

Pharaoh isn't a direct clone of anything. If uou say muff, I hope someone smacks you in the mouth for being misinformed an d more than likely never using one.

• Members

right, he just built the pedals on GGG Big Muff boards because he ran out of perf

the pharaoh is awsome and it's own thing "in its finished creation"

i have owned tonnes of muffs, old new big small russian american and the pharaoh cops sound none of those can get. and the sil/germ option kicks!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

gae86 wrote:

:lol:
at people saying bull{censored}. JHS started to clone klon last year when the klon was discontinued, but JHS is around from at least 3-4 yrs. They started modding pedals than made their line of pedals. 3 yrs ago one of my first pedal was a JHS modded SD-1.

thanks gae!

• Members

I think the problem people have with JHS is when they claim X pedal is teh result of their X months of work and research and tweaking and then FSB looks inside and it's exactly someone else's pedal.

Like...honestly I don't give a crap about something being a clone of something else but if you're claiming it's your own design...that's not cool.

Archived