The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

on what you think you can get for it in sale? The 2 circuits you have combined there, would be more similar to the Monsterpiece Jr. pedals I currently make, and the current combined price on the individual Jr. pedals would be $260.00... hopefully that gives you an idea for a starting point on this one

That also looks to be one of the first of the 2 headed Monsters I made, so don't know if that would add any extra value or not

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

price check on:

2i05634.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by beexter

View Post

Oh yes indeed Richard. Ladies & gentlemen, watch this space....you are going to want one of these!

Still waiting on some parts, but the enclosure is about done... cool.gif

will be a 4 knob OD pedal based on the Colorsound Overdriver...

COD.jpg

• Members

been playing with the MKIII today -- it's a joy to tweak! i managed to get an almost ring modulated octavia style thing happening, then a "spirit in the sky" type buzztone fuzz, and a smooth flutey lead tone that woudl be in eric johnson territory -- all out of this one fuzzbox. i am going to record another demo with the things i have learned playing it today, and post it to this thread!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D

View Post

been playing with the MKIII today -- it's a joy to tweak! i managed to get an almost ring modulated octavia style thing happening, then a "spirit in the sky" type buzztone fuzz, and a smooth flutey lead tone that woudl be in eric johnson territory -- all out of this one fuzzbox. i am going to record another demo with the things i have learned playing it today, and post it to this thread!

Lookin forward to seeing a Bobby D Monsterpiece demo. Should be good.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by beexter

View Post

Nice one Richard!

Well, beexter, after my difficulties with one online parts retailer (parts order that has not shown up going on 3 weeks now), I went ahead and ordered the knobs from Small Bear and they arrived today... so your pedal is now officially DONE! biggrin.gif

CODno1-001.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by duderanimous

View Post

Well, beexter, after my difficulties with one online parts retailer (parts order that has not shown up going on 3 weeks now), I went ahead and ordered the knobs from Small Bear and they arrived today... so your pedal is now officially DONE! biggrin.gif

CODno1-001.jpg

Nice one! - can't wait to play it....

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Having had a bit of time to play with my new Monsterpiece COD, I just wanted to report back that it is an awesome pedal! It is an incredibly versatile box and I'm loving it. Works great for enhancing or boosting clean tones, through a whole host of drive tones and up into fuzz territory. Monsterpiece deserves to sell a ton of these. The combination of this and an NPN covers a huge sonic territory......these 2 would make a killer double-headed monster for anyone looking for early Gilmour in a box.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quote Originally Posted by Anaon

View Post

Hi!

I was searching for a Fuzz Face alternative and I found this topic. For Pink Floyd sounds, Wish You Were Here/Animals era, which model would you recommend? NPN or PNP or something else?

Thank you very much! wink.gif

Bump - Richard / guys, what would you recommend? smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Anaon

View Post

Hi!

I was searching for a Fuzz Face alternative and I found this topic. For Pink Floyd sounds, Wish You Were Here/Animals era, which model would you recommend? NPN or PNP or something else?

Thank you very much! wink.gif

poor guy got ignored. i'd say the NPN gets you pretty close with some reverb and delay. i dont have any experience with the PNP, but hte NPN is great overall

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've got an NPN and also the first off the line C.O.D which is the Monsterpiece take on the Colorsound Overdriver. Both were purchased in the pursuit of Gilmour type tones and both get the job done admirably. Richard is also a great guy to deal with. Highly recommended.

Archived