The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Duder,You Rawk!!!!

It`s going to be so rad when I get both of my pedals later this week.

Update:

Pedals arrived today and I am loving them.love.gifthumb.gif

You gotta love the NPN but the PNP is actually quite versatile. I started playing some jazzy stuff then Watchtower then Sabbath next thing I new I was doing American Woman with a grin.

When I was a kid I had a Deluxe Reverb and a original DA fuzz face and a black Apollo fuzz box .So I`m kinda going back to some roots and these MPF just sound killer.

And thanks to the guy who first showed me one a few years ago.

MONSTERPIECEFUZZ018.jpg

gut shot

• Members

Scratchy Snatch without the voice stomp switch... so a little cheaper than a Scratchy Snatch

The Scratchy Snatch is my personal go to fuzz, but I almost exclusively use it with the tone control engaged instead of using the voice stomp switch, so I figured why not just make a pedal this way. It's all about options cool.gif

Now what I may do is incorporate a 3 transistor BC108/109 circuit into this, but for now is still the 2 transistor circuit... so stay tuned biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by duderanimous

View Post

Scratchy Snatch without the voice stomp switch... so a little cheaper than a Scratchy Snatch

The Scratchy Snatch is my personal go to fuzz, but I almost exclusively use it with the tone control engaged instead of using the voice stomp switch, so I figured why not just make a pedal this way. It's all about options cool.gif

Now what I may do is incorporate a 3 transistor BC108/109 circuit into this, but for now is still the 2 transistor circuit... so stay tuned biggrin.gif

Nice! Yeah, I use only my SS and Way Huge Swollen Pickle as fuzzes. But, yeah, use the SS with the tone engaged thumb.gif

• Members

Just got to the party. Bought this from a fellow forumite, Young_Grandma (and the DLS without the decal).

With my low-output pickup Tele, the pedal had a limited range on both sides. The fuzz needed to be between 3-5:00 to get any fuzz at all. But between those settings it was excellent. And I was able to set the pedal so that each pedal independently matched unity gain, and with both sides engaged it was very close to unity gain.

Today I played it with my Strat that has active pickups (much higher output). Now I got the versatility of the full range of both sides. Sounds fantastic! It had to compete with a Lunar Module and a Merkin. Now I haz too much fuzz (can you say that around here?). One problem- I can't get close to unity gain with the settings I like when both sides are engaged. I've flipped the switch on the order of which side goes first, and tweaked fuzz/bass/volume on both sides, but there is a significant volume drop. Any advice?

photo1-1.jpg

monsterpiece.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me

View Post

Just got to the party. Bought this from a fellow forumite, Young_Grandma (and the DLS without the decal).

With my low-output pickup Tele, the pedal had a limited range on both sides. The fuzz needed to be between 3-5:00 to get any fuzz at all. But between those settings it was excellent. And I was able to set the pedal so that each pedal independently matched unity gain, and with both sides engaged it was very close to unity gain.

Today I played it with my Strat that has active pickups (much higher output). Now I got the versatility of the full range of both sides. Sounds fantastic! It had to compete with a Lunar Module and a Merkin. Now I haz too much fuzz (can you say that around here?). One problem- I can't get close to unity gain with the settings I like when both sides are engaged. I've flipped the switch on the order of which side goes first, and tweaked fuzz/bass/volume on both sides, but there is a significant volume drop. Any advice?

I'd recommend battery power as far as powering, but that's not really going to affect the output level. Since this is really just 2 separate fuzzes housed within one enclosure, running both at the same time, you will have to compromise to get a good balance. You may not be able to set them separately the way you like them, then have them both sound the way you want cascaded when both sides kicked on at the same time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by masterwuhan

View Post

1. Finally!

2. Looks great

3. Are you not making the MKII any longer?

I think he combined the Classic and the MKII into one pedal and called it the GE Fuzz. I could be wrong though.

• Members

Anything that I have made in the past, I can still make now upon request. You'll be better served from both a sound & functional standpoint with the Ge over the old school Monsterpiece MKII, though, since it will do everything the MKII did and more.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words about the new site... not totally finished yet (will it ever really be totally finished? hahaha), but it's getting there. The guy I have working on it has done an excellent job smile.gif

Archived