Gibson Les Paul Baritone

Sad Darwin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Get him to come down $200. The Schecter is better though.

Well, I'm probably just going to sell my Hellcat VI for an Ultra VI. The Ultra VI seems a bit more Gretsch-like and twangy, generally a good thing with 6 string basses. I'm heading over to The Mad Ape on Bainbridge Island next weekend to try one out first.

• Members

He upgraded the pickups to SD Blackouts too..... never really had a guitar with an active pickup, how does it compare?

5V45T35X13p13o43l5bbgcd895a6b0cb11434.jp

Totally delemma'd here. I could sell my bass and with the value pretty much get this (my dream baritone) and a pedal...... ooooor, I could sell the bass, buy an Agile AL2800 Baritone Silverburst and several pedals that I've been eyeing for a long time.....

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have heard nothing but good reviews on the SD blackouts. Did you buy it already?

Btw, sorry the CG link didn't work for me. How much is this guy asking for it?

He took it down. I was going to buy the LP Baritone but I had to sell my 4 string bass first. A week later it was gone. After some consideration I decided to go with the Agile and some pedals I've been needing for my 5 string bass. As soon as I go to order the Agile AL2800 silverburst it's sold out. I emailed Rondo to see if they will be getting them back in. Here's to hoping :(

• Members

I love the Blackouts for modern metal and they have a surprisingly good clean/modern jazz tone. If you're into fuzz and vintage tone you probably won't like them.

I have an unusual setup from the perspective of gain staging. I basically run my guitar through a Vetta II out the FX loop, into a Moogerfooger Freqbox (it works best with a hot signal), and then into a HOG, and either a bitcrusher or a my Fuzz Factory/DBA Fuzzgun. So anyway, the fuzz comes last after some signal level changes.

Archived