Gibson Les Paul Baritone

Sad Darwin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

is this what you're looking for:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Gibson-Les-Paul-Baritone-W0QQAdIdZ331753462

is it really worth 1600$?

what do the usually go for?

what's a good baritone in the 1000$ range?

over 1000$ for a Les Paul Studio is pretty steep... if it was a Standard i'd consider it though.

and the explorer is just too extreme for me, (my gf already veto'd it)

• Members

Wasn't the Buckethead Gibson LP a Baritone/Extended model? White with the arcade buttons?

Yep, 27" scale. There's also a studio model of it (which I own). Great guitar :)

I'm also looking forward to the Blacktop Bari Tele...hope it looks good in ghost silver

• Members

I was actually researching baritone telecasters and jaguars just before I found out about this guitar. Reason being is that I finally restrung my les paul with a thicker gauge and I found that at about A it became extremely muddy. Telecasters usually don't have any issues with mud. I think the lipstick pickup in the neck is ideal for a baritone. I could be wrong though, just have to try them :idk:

• Members

I just noticed they switched the order of the controls switch-knob-knob

instead of the classic knob-knob-switch

or are all the blacktops like that?

the bridge is ok the way it is. pretty standard like that no?

and I like the black pick guard. makes me want to switch the pick guard on my
. make em match.

I've never played a Telecaster with those controls, but I always get annoyed by how far away the volume knob is from my right hand on my normal-configuration copy, so I imagine it would be super useful.

Yeah a lot of people like the sunburst with black combo, but I think there are few things prettier than sunburst and off-white.

Archived