Gibson Les Paul Baritone

Sad Darwin

• Members

Should be OK just swapping out the saddles, no? I do like the blue/silver one :drool:

I'm a bit of a guitard. I have actually never swapped out anything on any of my guitars. I know not how. I'm sure I could figure out saddles and all, but then there's intonation and all that jazz.....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a bit of a guitard. I have actually never swapped out anything on any of my guitars. I know not how. I'm sure I could figure out saddles and all, but then there's intonation and all that jazz.....

It's not a difficult swap since the saddles screw in the back. But then you would have to adjust intonation and the height of the saddles to match the fretboard radius. Should be able to measure the height off the stock saddles so you can do that then it's screw the old out, screw the new in.

• Members

I'm starting to think the Sunburst and the BlueGrey tele's aren't gonna be what'll come out. those pictures are only found on that one website

i'm pretty sure the GhostSilver will be more like in the press release photo instead of blueish

Fender-Blacktop-Telecaster-Silver-Maple.

or the sweetwater picture

MX11067532-front-l.jpg

sure beats the bluesilver....

but damn am I gonna be sad if they don't have the sunburst one... :(

and even sadder if it doesn't have the rib cutout on the back.... :( :(

• Members

They will come out, the ghost silver one is on the Fender website. The sunburst isn't, but that doesn't mean it won't come out...their website isn't always up to date :p

Here's the ghost silver from Fender.com:

0148700581_frt_wmd_001.png

Looks less blue... :love:

Don't worry about the body contour, AFAIK the Blacktop Teles all have it

• Members

They will come out, the ghost silver one is on the Fender website. The sunburst isn't, but that doesn't mean it won't come out...their website isn't always up to date
:p

Here's the ghost silver from Fender.com:

0148700581_frt_wmd_001.png

Looks less blue...
:love:

Don't worry about the body contour, AFAIK the Blacktop Teles all have it

Well that settles it :)

• Members

Tried a regular scale HH Telecaster blacktop today at a music store. The neck was vastly higher quality than I'd expected. It was actually really fun to play. Can't freaking wait to get the baritone version. The timing really couldn't have been better. I've been wanting a tele for awhile, and (obviously) a baritone. Two birds, /baritone GAS :)

• Members

This might be stupid, but part of me wishes they release an HH version for the baritone rather than HSS, but I think I will bite either way.

Not stupid. Most baritones seem to be dual humbucker or active humbucker. I'm not really sure why though honestly. I think the lipstick pickup for the at least the neck is integral for mud reduction if you start playing in drop A or anything lower than B standard. This is perfect for me because I wasn't looking for a baritone for teh brootz or anything. I was looking for something to play along with songs I write on synth and piano..... often times extending down to A, usually in the key of B minor or some mode derived from it (see: "{censored}ing low" hehe). The other key I usually play in is Db minor and some mode derived from that, so my Les Paul in drop D a half step down handles that no sweat.

• Members

I hear you man. Don't get me wrong, I love the cleans that my Nashvile lipstick pickups get but I also use a DiMarzio hot rails knock-off in the middle position way more. I guess I mostly go after the brootz, but I feel like the humbucker on my PRS SE baritone gets decent cleans.

Either way though, those are sexy looking guitars and I would still play. It is nice that there will be a bit more variety as a result of those entering the market though.

• Members

I hear you man. Don't get me wrong, I love the cleans that my Nashvile lipstick pickups get but I also use a DiMarzio hot rails knock-off in the middle position way more. I guess I mostly go after the brootz, but I feel like the humbucker on my PRS SE baritone gets decent cleans.

Either way though, those are sexy looking guitars and I would still play. It is nice that there will be a bit more variety as a result of those entering the market though.

Don't get me wrong either, I do like heaviness ;) ..... although it's usually not much more than that of a NIN or Tool variety.

I usually play some weird, {censored}ed up, broken oscillator synth guitar delta blues with heavy-ish riffs on guitar. I'm a big fan of Moog's freqbox, oscillating fuzz, and bit crushers :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived