New M-Audio "Venom" Synth (aka the Gus Viper)

k2500x

• Members

These dudes, I presume:

[video=youtube;o5jX-B9IQzg]

That track came out loooong ago in electronic music terms -- it's the first track ("Trip Like I Do") off of Vegas from 1997. An oldie but a goodie. My fav off that album is Vapor Trail.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That track came out loooong ago in electronic music terms -- it's the first track ("Trip Like I Do") off of Vegas from 1997. An oldie but a goodie. My fav off that album is Vapor Trail.

Oh well we haz to wait then

DE little birdy cannot play the synth to me just now as he az sore nutz :lol:

• Members
The synth engine only needs to be there in case of BSOD
:cry:

The first thing I thought of when I saw M-Audio's announcement was Novation's controller / synth combos.

It is kind of cool that for not much more than a MIDI controller a couple of companies will throw in a synth too. And I'm saying this from a "what if I want a cheap portable MIDI gizmo for some external hardware" perspective, not a "laptop warrior" perspective which I agree these type of things will be nice for.

• Members

It's cool that the Venom will have 4 parts. Why can M-Audio do it at this price point? Are other companies charging more for less features because they have an established nameand think they can get away with it? Go M-Audio.

:thu:

• Members

I suspect price is because the technology has been there for a decade and very cheap as well, but they are left gouging us because if they drop prices, the profit margin shrinks. When everyone's PDA, iPhones, iPads, and Nintendo DS's are doing the same thing or better as hardware VAs, their prices will drop. Finally. I've heard some GREAT synths on Nintendo, iPad, iPhone and PDA already

Archived