New M-Audio "Venom" Synth (aka the Gus Viper)

k2500x

• Members

splash_teaser.jpg

Flash teaser:

http://m-audio.com/images/en/splashes/venom_teaser_en.swf

First Spec [translated]:

Venom 49 synthesizer keyboards from M-Audio combines classic analog synthesizers character modern digital processing to bring a new sound, aggressive and catchy. Stimulate your appetite with included presets, and then feed up with original sounds that you can create them - from the sounds of the atmosphere, subtle, to sound angry and categorical. You can easily play with the parameters of the synthesizer or potentiometers can explore the limitless possibilities of sound processing using the included software publisher. You can play bass lines or main parts made with this synth can please even the most demanding musicians. You can also use the audio interface with Pro Tools M-Powered (minimum 8 or higher) or any other audio software. Thus, you have a production car that you can lead in some areas where the music never was.

Venom comes with 512 patches and 256 straight multi-sound patch (the layers) made by the renowned team of sound designers in the world. All the Venom will find a classical arpeggios, for more animation. With the new synth engine of the M-Audio, Venom flavor blends anolog sound on digital power. Thus they create a distinctive note that is distinguished easily from other digital synthesizers. Where you have 41 oscillators and 53 sample drum sounds from the keyboards of cargo last 40 years, and an oscillator for a DSP May retro vibe. Each of the 12 simultaneous voice virtual analog oscillators have three each, which gives tremendous flexibility for octave, intervals and detuning. For more ways to manipulate the sound, the filter multimodal operations can 12dB/octava Venom (2-pole) and 24 dB / octave (4-pole).

The most important caractersitici:

* heat combines modern digital processing of vintage synthesizers

* 512 and 256 single patches patch layers

* intuitive control surface and easy to use software + editor

* 49-sized keyboard

* Compatibility with Pro Tools

* USB Audio / MIDI

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While checking out their web site I also found new Oxygen 88 keyboard with MIDI OUT. They finally realised that USB is not what makes a MIDI keyboard and a hardware synthesizer work together, which sure will get them more business from synth players. Cool.

I found the "USB only" idea plain unimaginative. Why deliberately cut off themselves from a large part of the MIDI controller market?

• Members

I wouldn't get too crazy about it without actually seeing and hearing it. When I think "synths" I don't ever think "M-Audio".

When some people hear "Yamaha," they think Motorcycles. They make some fantastic controllers and they have a reputation to lose. I'm at least open to the reality they could turn out a good synth.

• Members

im interested to see this. it makes a lot of sense for m - audio to release a product like this, if it turns out the way i think it will turn out.

i will be looking for your demo gus! make me a nice thick distorted NIN sounding line if you think of it during you demos! i love to hear the way onboard distortions on synths interact with a high rez modulated filter. i always listen to that first for some reason.

• Members

That's
exactly
what people said (myself included) when Alesis came out with their first synth...

This is exactly what I was going to post but, then I had to run some errands. Alesis started out making efx and recording gear and then synths. M-Audio has been making sound libraries and controllers for years. This seems like a natural progression given there background and backing.

Archived