New M-Audio "Venom" Synth (aka the Gus Viper)

k2500x

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is so unique with this synth? only 12 Voices, VA synthesis, VST?, FX?= nothing special with that!

Why not go all the way? 120 voice poly, 3fx per part, 16 part multitimbral, 16 part VST3 and AU support with Firewire.

I really hope Roland or Yamaha can beat the crap out of Access that is the leader today, signal processors are way more powerful and cheap today!

• Members

What is so unique with this synth? only 12 Voices, VA synthesis, VST?, FX?= nothing special with that!

Why not go all the way? 120 voice poly, 3fx per part, 16 part multitimbral, 16 part VST3 and AU support with Firewire.

I really hope Roland or Yamaha can beat the crap out of Access that is the leader today, signal processors are way more powerful and cheap today!

:phil:

totally agree

• Members

arguing for the virus, you get 16 channels with full effects on each, so with the simple addition of drum machine, that's all you'd need really just for the sake of things "meshing" due to the effects.

however in contrast, i enjoy different synths for their differences in timbre and what they bring to the composition over all.

• Members

Of course, as every new synth, Venom needs to endure its portion of pre-release bashing. The released pictures made me step back and cringe. Can anyone explain why when I see M-Audio Venom, this pictures flashes in front of my eyes?

ellisbluewhale.jpg

:rolleyes::mad:
:poke:
:eekphil:;)

Curved grillz ;-)

• Members

Curved grillz! I need a therapy now. I called my doc and he said: "Take that Venom picture and swangz it from da chain with frequency of 741 Hz before sleep every night till the 13th of January. Also do not play any hybrid synths tuned to 440 Hz at midnight or this will surely bring the evil GAS back on you." :D

• Members

i don't understand why someone would want more than one or two instances of the same synth in a track. but if you do, why consider anything other than a virus?

16 parts of one synth might be overkill but, one part synths take up "alot" of space. I think the GAIA and Ultranova are nice synths but, synths like the Nord Leads and Snow make more sense for smaller setups.

GODDY

Puedo guardar secretos demasiado
;)

LoL

It was more an apology about not being able to confirm / reject information regarding the new product and well, a personal Xmas message to my friend Paolo!

I promise that I will be answering all the technical details as soon as it all is official information.

Regarding you being the tester in the UK, I can't do anything at all. But you could move into Latin America; then I could endorse you :D

• Members

LoL

It was more an apology about not being able to confirm / reject information regarding the new product and well, a personal Xmas message to my friend Paolo!

Yes, it is a 49-keys Virtual Analog synth from M-Audio.

I promise that I will be answering all the technical details as soon as it all is official information.

Regarding you being the tester in the UK, I can't do anything at all. But you could move into Latin America; then I could endorse you
:D

That sounds good... it is very cold here and the chicks there are maravilloso :lol:

• Members

LoL

Regarding you being the tester in the UK, I can't do anything at all. But you could move into Latin America; then I could endorse you

Yeah, I have an online friend on another forum who works for Avid and he is mum on the matter as well. But he says he is very interested in trying it out and will report back when things are official.

• Members

LoL

just PM me some info. I promise not to not tell anyone.

Archived