Are you getting a KRONOS?

Thorhead

• Members

Unless the hardware fails. Personally i'd have traded off a few features for build quality on this one, but then I don;t flip gear in a big way and prefer to work with a few 'keepers'.

Not really an issue for anyone that's going to sell it when the next big thing comes along.

I think the main issue is the SSD drive, but Rich made clear they didn't use a consumer part for that one, they used the good stuff. Maybe memory might be an issue as well, we don't know.

Everything else, is your regular digital keyboard fare, I'm not too concerned with it. I'm sure it will be far better than my Alesis Fusion and I'm not really that worried with that either (I make backups of the hard drive which is really where all the good stuff is).

Is there something you're worried about in particular regarding the Kronos, Purity?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow..... just wow. They really went into detail with SGX-1.

I like the wide range of velocity adjustments... I'm thinking that should make it easy to find a point of best responsiveness when driving the piano sound in the 61 from some other 88 key controller.

• Members
Storage decreases, very slowly, at the hardware level. However, standard practice with SSDs is to reserve a portion of the drive for this purpose - storage space that the user never sees, and which the drive controller uses to swap in for sectors that are no longer usable. For instance, the Toshiba SSD used in the KRONOS is spec'd at 30 GB, instead of 32. That puzzled me for a while, as 30 is a distinctly non-binary number and thus unlikely to reflect hardware. Then I realized that it was most likely 32GB physically, with a couple of GB reserved so that it could be swapped in later without shriking the size from the user perspective.

According to Toshiba, you'd need to write 11GB of data every day for five years to reach the "endurance limit" of the media.

So, In practice, this doesn't seem to be a concern.

• Members

My wife just ordered the hardwood flooring for her living room project and is looking at new area rug, end tables, and lamps to go with it... Kronos isn't happening in the next couple of months. I guess it is her turn for now.

• Members

My wife just ordered the hardwood flooring for her living room project and is looking at new area rug, end tables, and lamps to go with it... Kronos isn't happening in the next couple of months. I guess it is her turn for now.

its a shame when wifey wears the pants in the household

:)

• Members

Heheheh. SonofHuBusted!

A happy wife has many, many benefits :lol:

Mine's already given the green light to the Kronos, and she's also largely responsible for the fact that since we got married, we took care of our credit card debt problem and even got some savings now!

• Members

its a shame when wifey wears the pants in the household

Happy wife == Happy hubby

Wife is very frugal and a rather excellent wife (and a natural beauty too). When I see all the crap other guys' wives buy (hair goo, face goo, body goo, makeup goo, useless shoes, useless nick-nacks, useless jewelry, etc), I just think I am so lucky that instead of having all that crap I can buy some nice synth gear and invest in retirement instead. Not to mention that my wife looks way better than the other wives dumping money into goo and baubles. So when she really really wants something, she gets it.

Besides, when the Kronos *does* finally show up at my house and I get that "wtf" look from wife, I can just point to the new floor and furniture in the living room and say "its my turn".

• Members

Anybody know the name/s of the Japanese engineer/s who conceived the Kronos? They are the Gods, not the musicians who "designed" some patches and whom everybody is worshiping and is going to buy the Kronos because of their names.

I want to use his/their pics as my new avatar. "The Unknown Soldiers".

• Members

Heheheh. SonofHuBusted!

A happy wife has many, many benefits
:lol:

Mine's already given the green light to the Kronos, and she's also largely responsible for the fact that since we got married, we took care of our credit card debt problem and even got some savings now!

" you go, girl ! "

suze-orman-show-book.jpg

• Members

Wife is very frugal and a rather excellent wife (and a natural beauty too). When I see all the crap other guys' wives buy (hair goo, face goo, body goo, makeup goo, useless shoes, useless nick-nacks, useless jewelry, etc), I just think I am so lucky that instead of having all that crap I can buy some nice synth gear and invest in retirement instead. Not to mention that my wife looks way better than the other wives dumping money into goo and baubles. So when she really really wants something, she gets it.

Besides, when the Kronos *does* finally show up at my house and I get that "wtf" look from wife, I can just point to the new floor and furniture in the living room and say "its my turn".

the Kronos brotherhood can also step in if the wtf thing turns into a trip to PAris or Carribean cruise

• Members

When news of the Kronos first came out, my wife saw how excited I was about it and put together a plan for setting aside enough money so that I could buy one when it becomes available. She knows it makes me happy, and that's enough for her.

Every day I realize I'm a lucky guy. And to top it off, she's smart and beautiful (picture Puerto Rican and Native American, with a sprinkle of German and French).

And here's a tip for you guys that have to sell your wives on the idea of a new keyboard. Write her a love song with it. Case closed. You're in. Thank me later.

• Members

Usually, the midi channel for the DT on the M3 is 9. So, I don't see why you couldn't send out on it. Of course you can set the DT to any channel, but 9 seems to be the protocol. Not sure what it will be on the KRONOS, but my guess is it will be channel 9.

• Members

"One for me" "One for you" "One for me".

"One for me" "One for you" "One for me"

Does this deal sound familiar? :cop:

I guess it's ok though. As synths are a necessity. And lots of them are even more necessary. Or dare I say, as necessary as after touch.

• Members

When news of the Kronos first came out, my wife saw how excited I was about it and put together a plan for setting aside enough money so that I could buy one when it becomes available. She knows it makes me happy, and that's enough for her.

Ha ha! I had the same experience. She said she rarely sees me get excited about wanting to buy ANYTHING, so we knew "we" had to get it. I love that girl!

Every day I realize I'm a lucky guy. And to top it off, she's smart and beautiful (picture Puerto Rican and Native American, with a sprinkle of German and French).

Sounds yummy! Mine is Hawaiian, Korean & European. AND smart. It's a good life, isn't it?

Archived