This is the amp forum - show your amp(s)!

Qlippothic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Wow ! I love those Strats !
:thu:

How does that amp sound? Does it have a nice clean sound? Like for Jazz?

Setting the rhythm channel to a clean sound is... passable, but nothing special. I usually just stay on that channel with a pedal boost for any tone I use; I turn off the pedal and use my volume knob to get a slight break-up tone for any clean passages I have to play. It's workable but I'd prefer to have a JC-120 sitting next to it... someday. :)

I miss that Yngwie strat. :(

• Members

You sold it????

What kind of strat is the blue one? The headstock looks like 70ies ...

I had to sell it to pay some bills.

As far as the blue one, its a regular USA-made Fender Strat from 1979. My main player. Its badly in need of a setup right now, and I may have to retire it to a display piece if the neck gets any worse on it.

• Members

It is called Lavapearl. My favorite color of all with the Ernie Ball lineup.

With the neck, you either love it or hate it. It is super thin and I can see how some would struggle with it. Personally, it fits my hands perfect. I would love to try one of those ESP lynch models you play. Looks like a killer axe!

it's funny...I have such small hands that you'd think I'd be more comfy on a neck like that..the lynch was a baseball bat in comparison..but not as bad as a LP =d

I'm back and forth..sometimes I prefer my lynch, other times I prefer my M III...they're slightly different necks

• Members

that looks pretty damn close. i love the blonde/brown look with the white knobs. too bad they didnt come out with a version like that originally. it would've sold like hotcakes.

i just made a cover for my PR. i bought just under $4 of brown vinyl with soft backing from walmart. i wanted to keep with the vintage syle look.

cover.jpg

• Members
that looks pretty damn close. i love the blonde/brown look with the white knobs. too bad they didnt come out with a version like that originally. it would've sold like hotcakes.

i just made a cover for my PR. i bought just under $4 of brown vinyl with soft backing from walmart. i wanted to keep with the vintage syle look.

cover.jpg[/quote

If they were to EVER RI these babies in a custom shop version in either or both of those colors and knob, they'd be building them for the next 10 yrs. I bet.:D

• Members
If they were to EVER RI these babies in a custom shop version in either or both of those colors and knob, they'd be building them for the next 10 yrs. I bet.
:D

I wish they'd make something like this: (my 66 Princeton reverb)

ftshot.jpg

57GT:)

• Members
I wish they'd make something like this: (my 66 Princeton reverb)

ftshot.jpg

I AGREE 100% on the PR head. As a matter of fact, I told my amp guy I'd like a BF Princeton Reverb head and a BF Vibro Champ head. Both of those little babies would just REALLY fit into my collection nicely.:D

• Members
Is that a combo converted into a head? looks nice
:)

'ere, all of my amps (except for the Danelectro bacon 'n eggs thing
:freak:
)

http://tinyurl.com/2t8dfl

Yes. This amp started life in 1966 as a Fender Princeton reverb 1X10" combo.

It was converted to a head configuration in 1969. The box was simply cut
at the sides & the bottom was reattached & the reverb pan replaced in the
bottom & there you have it.

A great grab & go low watt head to pair w/ whatever speakers you wish.

The only down side to it is that I traded a 66 Pro reverb for the PR head
& a 2X12 Bassman cabinet many yaears ago. (I thought I was done w/ the
Pro reverb, I'd sure like to have that amp still.)

Archived